Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

going to whistler

750 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  YouCanCallMeAl 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Some friends and I want to go to Whistler this year, and I would like to know when is a good time to go? also trails recommendations will be great as well. Also is better to bring our bikes or rent them over there?

Thanks for any tips

Cesar:cool:

#3 ·
Bike choice probably has a lot to do whether you are just riding the Bike Park or whether you want to ride some of the valley trails as well. A DH bike is not so good for the valley trails as they are true AM trails with riding up and bombing down. Where as the Bike Park is happy times on a DH bike - it also good times on a 5"-6" inch bike as well so it really just depends on how and what you want to ride.

#6 ·
I borrowed a Kona Stinky when I went to Whistler and I loved it. That's they same bike they rent at the mountain (they have other bikes as well). The trail recommendations are hard without knowing about your riding style. I don't really like doing drops, but I love tight gnarly stuff and flowing trails with berms. I recommend hitting Crank It Up a couple of times right off the bat to get warmed up. It's a very nice trail with a bunch of totally rollable tables so you can work up to jumping if you're not used to it. Dirt Merchant is awesome, Angry Pirate is a tight gnarly blast.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.