Thread: Giant Trance x3

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Giant Trance x3

Im a trail/all mountain rider and was wondering if this bike was worth the money.

Thanx

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If not what about the trance x4

AZ
    banned
    X 3 is a good value in a trail bike .

There's no app for this.

Yes...

the Trance series is a top rated trail bike, see recent reviews in MBAction and other magazines, and owners seem to love them. jc

ronbo613
    I have an X2. It's a great all around bike. The Trance X series is a good value.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Giant Trance frames are all the same. its the component package that creates the price point.
    I have test ridden a trance2 and it was a very impressive bike for the money. Pic what ya like and can afford. good stuff

AZ
    banned
    09's are speced out better than the 10's if you can find them .

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SC RockLobster
    Giant Trance frames are all the same. its the component package that creates the price point.
    I have test ridden a trance2 and it was a very impressive bike for the money. Pic what ya like and can afford. good stuff

Is the fox suspension really that much better than whats on the x4?

powered by bacon
    the fork on the x4 is a low end Marzocchi. It was the only thing about my x4 that I didn't like.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave
    the fork on the x4 is a low end Marzocchi. It was the only thing about my x4 that I didn't like.

Would the rock shox tora 302 be any better on the '10 version?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

and was the giant air shock ok?

powered by bacon
    Yea, the shock works fine.

The 302 is the lower end tora, its probably ok but nothing great, just like the Marzocchi.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yea, the shock works fine.

The 302 is the lower end tora, its probably ok but nothing great, just like the Marzocchi.

How are the hydraulic brakes on the x4?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Get the trance, it's a sweet ride for the pricepoint. See if you can swap the tora 302 out for a 318 u-turn.