mtbr member
    May 2008

New question here. Giant Trance X Zero vs Stumpjumper FSR Pro 08

I've narrowed the selection down to these two for my next purchase.

What's the consensus on which would be the better buy?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]The Trance X, obviously I donít know if you have tried both off road but these 2 bike are so different you should know when riding and I donít see the Stumpy getting the MBUK one bike you should aim to own award like the Trance XO has. Everything about the Trance X is better and I was so impressed with my dads I went and got myself an 08 Trance.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Interesting and thanks. I'm 65/35 towards the Trance X and have one on demo for the weekend at the end of the month.
    As I've not ridden it yet I can't comment on much ... It's a great looking piece of kit & well spec'd. The front end does appear very high to me though (Although that's probably because I am coming from a XC hardtail)

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]It is high but if you find it a problem with it you can move the stem down and if you get one you can take the conical spacer out which will let the stem be even lower if you put more spacers back on top.

Itís probably the 120mm travel or the long head tube that makes it look so high but once you have it set up where you want it, it will be fine.

I have to say my dad is still refusing to let me take the conical spacer out of his and move the stem down so his looks pretty high and the low top tube for stand over on the medium makes it look even higher, a [SIZE=2]bit of an optical illusion on the small and medium frames.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]