Stu
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Giant dropper seatpost

Anyone have one of these http://triuk.com/product/contact-switch-seat-post and are they any good ?

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    It's a Joplin rebranded.

24v
    Scratch That Itch
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarider1
    It's a Joplin rebranded.
    Are you sure? That looks like a KS lever.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    that's not a joplin clamp - similar looking maybe but not the same. The remote lever is different, the remote cable attaches to the post in a different location, and the ring at the main seal is different. Seems like a lot of differences for the same post.

Stu
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Not a Joplin, looks like one but different in lots of ways as Ansible points out. Much cheaper in the UK than a Joplin remote (159)

Underskilled
    If anyone is after a joplin CRC has them very cheap at the moment.

I would however recommend spending a bit more and going to Superstar components as the service is AMAZING.
    I had a problem with my seat post on Thursday, I e-mailed superstar at 7pm saying that it was a shame as going biking this weekend. Got an e-mail back at 9pm saying it is sorted.
    Someone arrived at my house 3pm friday with the newest upgraded model and to collect the faulty one. I can't imagine how he got a same day courier to travel half the length of the country in a matter of hours, but I am impressed.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?