get down!

Giant Contact Switch vs. Specialized Blacklite

Who wins?

Reliability, weight, side to side play, etc.

Anyone who has ridden both to the front please.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Product Test: Specialized Command Post Blacklight | News | mountain-bike-action

i have the blacklite and it is amazing! i have no idea what these reviewers are talking about with the "extreme" pressure required to push the lever... somebody needs to HTFU this is mountain biking!

sorry cant comment on the giant post, but i have always heard of giants in house parts to be just ok at best. the command post is top notch.

mtbr member
    The Contact Switch is still pretty new I think so not many people have experience with it.... and I'm not sure either has been out long enough to know what reliability issues there are.

Bike magazine tested the Contact Switch plus three other main players in this month's Bible of Bike Test's issue (Not the Blacklite though). FWIW, it seems they were less impressed overall with the Contact Switch than the Reverb and KS Supernatural, but maybe liked it a bit more than the X-Fusion Hilo.

They did mention that the Contact Switch exhibited almost no side to side play at the saddle.

There's a pretty long thread here on the Blacklite. Looks some problems have popped up but overall it sounds like quite a few folks like them.

Having said that... these kinds of reviews don't really tell me what I want to know: Are they going to still be working a year or two down the road?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    The Contact Switch is still pretty new I think so not many people have experience with it.... and I'm not sure either has been out long enough to know what reliability issues there are.

Bike magazine tested the Contact Switch plus three other main players in this month's Bible of Bike Test's issue (Not the Blacklite though). FWIW, it seems they were less impressed overall with the Contact Switch than the Reverb and KS Supernatural, but maybe liked it a bit more than the X-Fusion Hilo.

They did mention that the Contact Switch exhibited almost no side to side play at the saddle.

There's a pretty long thread here on the Blacklite. Looks some problems have popped up but overall it sounds like quite a few folks like them.

Having said that... these kinds of reviews don't really tell me what I want to know: Are they going to still be working a year or two down the road?
    My command post worked just ok when I grabbed it used. It was like new a year and a half ago. The remote lever for the CP ...suuuucks. But I was able to use a front der shifter to make it mechanically smoother. But now it seems that the CP is Kapoot. The ratcheting mechanism appears to be stripped and makes it impossible to keep it from moving up OR down unless I over inflate it. It is just about unusable now. I will call them to check if they will fix it.