mtbr member

German dropper post

I remember a few months back a MTBR member posted up some info about a really promising looking dropper post that was made in Germany (I believe). I can not seem to find the info now as I dont recall the company name.

Anyone remember?

I am looking for a 150mm post that is actuated at the lower collar (not the head like the reverbs and thomsons)

Do want hydraulic controlled, but doesnt have to be actuated with hydraulics.

Pretty sure this German one had all the checks.

Need another post as my LEV shat the bed and am gonna make it the backup post.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Looks nice. Too bad you need post shims for anything greater than a 30.9.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drLEE View Post
    That could have been it - will look more.

Thanks!

≈ > ♥
    The Vecnum should be available in a month or so...
    not cheap, but it's longer travel is what I've been waiting for. Think I'll pick one up.

Availability Adjustable Seatpost moveloc - VECNUM

mtbr member
    Ya, looking closer at the site that is the one I heard about months back. It has the potential to be a real contender. I just need confirmation on:

1. Is the height infiniely adjustable (like a reverb or ks) or does it have just an up position and a down position?

2. Can the speed of the post (return) be adjusted?

3. Is the handlebar control lever actuated with a cable (like KS) or hydraulic(like reverb)

I think I know the answers, I just want final confirmation before sending em some money.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    It is an impressive website for the product, a lot of information provided. Apparently it is impossible for it to be contaminated by water or dirt. I'm eventually going to try a GD Turbo, but this post may get added to the list.

mtbr member
    Droppers being droppers, I'd add: what's customer service like, and can I get it fixed/replaced in a reasonable period of time?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Droppers being droppers, I'd add: what's customer service like, and can I get it fixed/replaced in a reasonable period of time?
    I am a believer in having spare parts available - so as long as I have 2 or 3 posts that meet the criterias I want I will be able to sub in a spare!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Ya, looking closer at the site that is the one I heard about months back. It has the potential to be a real contender. I just need confirmation on:

1. Is the height infiniely adjustable (like a reverb or ks) or does it have just an up position and a down position?

2. Can the speed of the post (return) be adjusted?

3. Is the handlebar control lever actuated with a cable (like KS) or hydraulic(like reverb)

I think I know the answers, I just want final confirmation before sending em some money.
    It's cable actuated and it's not hydraulic controlled (it's mechanical, something like the Gravity Dropper), so it isn't infinitely adjustable but has some fixed position (up, down and a couple more between them). It has an air spring so it should be adjustable in return speed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    It's cable actuated and it's not hydraulic controlled (it's mechanical, something like the Gravity Dropper), so it isn't infinitely adjustable but has some fixed position (up, down and a couple more between them). It has an air spring so it should be adjustable in return speed.
    Bummer about the non-infinite adjustable. If this is the case looks like I will get a second LEV as my backup.

mtbr member
    The Moveloc and Rase's new Rase 8 are on my short list.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Still doesn't look like it's available in USA. I can't even get to their online store.