mtbr member
    Sep 2012

GD Turbo LP vs KS Supernatural 27.2

I know there are tons of info and threads on droppers, but I am still confused on what to get.

I have narrowed it down to two that I am considering. I have an older bike with a 27.2mm seatpost tube. The tube is really short, so the longest I can get is 350mm. I am stuck with very slim pickings.

These are two completely different droppers, I believe. So, I am wondering which is better to get? Mechanical or hydraulic and set adjustments or infinite? If GD is the way to go, do you recommend 1" down or 2" down for the middle position?

I have never used a dropper, before. So, all input will be helpful.

I'm with stupid
    Im interested in this thread as well since I need a 27.2 post for my 29er hardtail

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    btt for both of us.

mtbr member
    GD every time.

Aside from the reliability, it's as close to no maintenance as a dropper can get and GD will direct sell you any spare part in the future should you need it, even down to individual bolts.

KS are ok when it comes to spares, but also slow, it can be a case of getting your post fixed eventually if you have a problem with it. I've sold a few people GDs and Reverbs because they got bored waiting for KS to fix their post.

I like the simple up/down positions on droppers (I have a GD Turbo), can't help on the best multi position.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just curious, I have just read up good things about the new KS Supernaturals and that the reliability is pretty good and people seem to like the infinite adjustments more than preset. Plus, I've seen the Supernatural for a little under $250 with free shipping. So, I am starting to kind of lean towards KS. What's your experience as far as what you have seen regarding the reliability of the 2013 KS Supernaturals? Also, how much turn around time have you seen with KS? I don't mind switching back to my regular seat post if need be, since I've been using it for so long.

mtbr member
    No clue, haven't got/sold any 2013 KS parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    GD every time.

ride more
    Mar 2007

Re: GD Turbo LP vs KS Supernatural 27.2

In 27.2 GD for sure...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    do you guys have any suggestions on which 4" multi-position to get?

mtbr member
    Going against the grain I have a gravity dropper and a KS on different bikes. My Gravity Dropper has been fickle from day one and has never ever given me access to all three of the positions it drops to. I have a new KS that is love. I'm sure I can get the Gravity Dropper fixed but sucks to be doing work on something right out of the box.
    Last edited by etuck; 07-30-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    Going against the grain I have a gravity dropper and a KS on different bikes. My Gravity Dropper has been fickle from day one and has never ever given me access to all three of the positions it drops to. I have a new LS that is love. I'm sure I can get the Gravity Dropper fixed but sucks to be doing work on something right out of the box.
    What's LS? Or do you mean KS?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Been using GD a while and never had any trouble. Only general stuff like replacing the cable and housing, a rare adjustment of the collar, and I'll take it totally apart once or twice a year to wipe it all down. Full rebuild is about 20mins total. I have a 4" and 5" drop both with a 1" down position. Works great for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jselwyn View Post
    Been using GD a while and never had any trouble. Only general stuff like replacing the cable and housing, a rare adjustment of the collar, and I'll take it totally apart once or twice a year to wipe it all down. Full rebuild is about 20mins total. I have a 4" and 5" drop both with a 1" down position. Works great for me.
    Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

GD Turbo LP vs KS Supernatural 27.2

1in and 4in GD. Love both settings. 1in for techy area and 4in for the downhill. Never want ride again with out it. Just had to cut the boot off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind

mtbr member
    Can't compare the two, but I have the older KS i7 post in 27.2 and it's been faultless. I didn't have any interest in a GD and have no regrets whatsoever.

Ride the dream
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    Going against the grain I have a gravity dropper and a KS on different bikes. My Gravity Dropper has been fickle from day one and has never ever given me access to all three of the positions it drops to. I have a new KS that is love. I'm sure I can get the Gravity Dropper fixed but sucks to be doing work on something right out of the box.
    What's up with the gravdropper?

It should give all three positions quite easily - you might have to adjust the collar that contains the seal (under the boot) a little, but that's very easily done.