mtbr member
    Jun 2007

is a Gary Fisher Wahoo 08 a good beginner bike

I seen an '08' Wahoo on sale yesterday I thought about purchasing this bike as a beat around bike. To use it to ride to school, pull a trailor, and cruse the local trails. Does anyone have any opinnions of this bike? If you own one I'ld really like to hear from you...

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    I think it's a really good bike for the money. Having as much experience as one can have without actually owning one, I like them. The new G2 geometry is a big improvement over the original Genesis geometry. I'd say the Wahoo is where the trail-capable bikes in the Fisher line-up begin. If you're willing to stretch your budget, I think the Marlin is the better value.

As good as the Wahoo may be, I don't think anyone would really consider it an all-mountain bike. You'll probably get a more detailed answer in the Gary Fisher forum or the Beginner's forum. As confusing as it may be, "all mountain" doesn't include all mountain bikes.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Its a POS for the money, half the cost of that bike is paying for it to say Fisher on the side.
    Buy a lesser known company for the same price and you will get better components.

There's no app for this.

Did you check the 27 Reviews at all?

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by OuterNational
    Its a POS for the money, half the cost of that bike is paying for it to say Fisher on the side.
    Buy a lesser known company for the same price and you will get better components.
    Can't say I disagree with this. I bought a Marlin (next level up from the Wahoo) for my first bike and it was a turd. Three weeks of trail riding & it was in the shop getting the hubs serviced. It's heavy (30+lbs) and the component group is not very good. Maybe with $1000 in upgrades it might make a good hardtail XC trail bike, but as it comes from the dealer I'd put it a level above a WalMart bike.
    No moss...