Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    i went with the 36 and just took it out for a ride today (~3 hours). im in love. i dont know if hte 150mm would have felt the same but all i know is that this is the single best component i have bought and appreciated. all i want to do is go ride again.

p.s. its a spesh enduro with xt drivetrain, hope pro 2 laced to mavic 521's and the 36 talas and it weighs in at about 31 lbs.

mtbr member

Good for ya

Quote Originally Posted by altezza2k2
    i went with the 36 and just took it out for a ride today (~3 hours). im in love. i dont know if hte 150mm would have felt the same but all i know is that this is the single best component i have bought and appreciated. all i want to do is go ride again.

p.s. its a spesh enduro with xt drivetrain, hope pro 2 laced to mavic 521's and the 36 talas and it weighs in at about 31 lbs.

Time to start throwing those turns on a down faster.

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by altezza2k2

Sick dude. I love my 36, glad it's working for you.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Do we all still feel this way? Is the 36 still the way to go or are there more 150 32 followers at this point?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I run the 36 Talas RC2 FIT 160mm with a 20mm TA and CK hubs on a '10 Sanction 1.0. Rocksolid and very plush with zero complaints after more than six months.

100% fuzz, 0% melody
    Mar 2011
    I just wanted to say that Jerk_Chicken is perhaps the most rude and self-impressed poster in the history of MTBR. More than BeeTees, even!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash T. Abula
    I just wanted to say that Jerk_Chicken is perhaps the most rude and self-impressed poster in the history of MTBR. More than BeeTees, even!
    LOL.

Unfortunately for this community, he isn't posting here anymore. He was quite the asset, and I am sure statements like yours keep him crying himself to sleep every night.

mtbr member
    darn...i've ordered a 32mm talas for my Ti HT.... should change to 36?
    Let's ride...

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    +1 for the 36 Talas.

that is what i have on my enduro, very fast to adjust, easy to tune, easy climbing and easy downhill at the turn of a knob.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    After all the discussion I'm thinking of getting a Float 36 160 and spacing it down to 150, the A2C height will still be 14mm higher but it will have the same travel as the 32 150 but all the strength and durability of the 20mm axl and 36mm stanchions. At 225 and doing mid sized stunts and FR it sounds like the way to go. The trade off for the stiffness is an additional .5 lbs and loss of the talas adjustable heights. I'm still not sure if its worth it but the internets is never wrong....

mtbr member
    If anyone is looking to split the difference, why not get a RockShox Revelation 150 with a 20mm thru-axle? I agree about the stiffness of a 20mm thru-axle being better, but I don't really need 36mm stanchions and the extra weight for what I ride. I'm not hucking myself off large obstacles, just bombing through technical terrain. I've always loved my 2009 Revelation 140, and I love it even more now. When it was due for service, I sent it to PUSH for the full factory rebuild. It made a great fork even better.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash T. Abula
    hahahahaha

Beer Swilling Clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    If anyone is looking to split the difference, why not get a RockShox Revelation 150 with a 20mm thru-axle? I agree about the stiffness of a 20mm thru-axle being better, but I don't really need 36mm stanchions and the extra weight for what I ride. I'm not hucking myself off large obstacles, just bombing through technical terrain. I've always loved my 2009 Revelation 140, and I love it even more now. When it was due for service, I sent it to PUSH for the full factory rebuild. It made a great fork even better.

I'd agree with that, I currently own a 160 mil fork with 32 mil sanctions and a 20 axle. I dig it for most situations, it's pretty rare that I am left wishing I had an extra 4 millimeters of girth on my lowers. I'd give the fork itself a 7/10 (07 marzocchi AM1 SL, luckly I got one of the ones that didn't blow up!) but the chasis is pretty nice and light.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    BINGO...we have a winner here. I started reading this thread from the start and kept thinking the 2011 RS Revelation 150 Dual Position Air (adjusts on the fly like the Talas) with the 20mm thru and 32 stantions (and yes they have a 15mm thru axle version as well) might be the ticket and BaeckerX1 finally hit on it. My hunch knowing RS is it will be more plush than the Fox Talas also. There is a World Cup version with a tapered carbon steerer tube if you want to pony up the coin. The RS Dual Position Air is a really good alternative to the Fox Talas IMO. If you still want 36mm well you'll have to decide about that.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3