VooDoo user.

FOX please hear my cry

I wish for a New fork

Needs to have 36 or 40 mil sanctions. Single crown. 5",6" 7" talas capability with only three clicks. 20 mil. thru axle. RC2 and weigh less than 6 #'s. Is it really too much to ask for?

Please FOX make it come true.

mtbr member
    So what you are saying is you want the 2007 36 Talas? It has everything you are asking for but the travel is only 6.3" instead of 7". If you are needing more travel than that then you should just get a freeride bike instead of an "all mountain".

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMtnB44
    So what you are saying is you want the 2007 36 Talas? It has everything you are asking for but the travel is only 6.3" instead of 7". If you are needing more travel than that then you should just get a freeride bike instead of an "all mountain".
    I don't want 4-5-6. I want 5-6-7. OR 5.3-6.3-7.3. Is that better?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    How about "11"?

What if it goes to "11"?

With apologies to Spinal Tap...

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    I don't want 4-5-6. I want 5-6-7. OR 5.3-6.3-7.3. Is that better?
    Sounds like you want a RockShox Totem

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com

i would be ALL over the totem if it had ETA. i've gotten quite used to the eta on my Z1 Light on the climbs and sprints.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    How about "11"?

What if it goes to "11"?

With apologies to Spinal Tap...
    Save it for the DHer's.

Big bottoms is the best song ever.

VooDoo user.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    I don't see anything called the TOTEM on the rockshox site. Is this new for '07?

stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    I don't see anything called the TOTEM on the rockshox site. Is this new for '07?
    Yes. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2039

Moment, quit whining and buy the Fox 36 or wait for the totem. End of story. Oh, and the totem will have U-Turn which IMO is better then ETA which almost feels locked out when lowered. My pike U-Turn at 110mm feels like a good 110mm fork.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

Quote Originally Posted by LBmtb
    Yes. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2039

Moment, quit whining and buy the Fox 36 or wait for the totem. End of story. Oh, and the totem will have U-Turn which IMO is better then ETA which almost feels locked out when lowered. My pike U-Turn at 110mm feels like a good 110mm fork.

My ETA drops the fork down to 2 inches.. which is like 50mm. The totem will drop down (45mm) to 135mm. I dunno if I can climb with that after I've gotten used to, which is what my Z1 becomes... a super super xc fork. waaaa waaa.

Totem is hot though... i may just look into it.

Feeding your addiction
    The Totem 2-Step Air has a rapid travel adjust somewhat like ETA, drops it from 180 to 135 with the flick of a switch. Doesn't drop down as far as ETA, but unlike ETA the fork is still fully active in the lower setting (unless you also lock it out at the same time with the adjuster on the right leg). Massive 40mm stanchions, definitely a beefier fork than the 36. I don't think there is going to be a U-Turn version, just the 2-Step.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Oh, So Interesting!
    The Domain is supposed to have a coil u-turn system, motion control, and be less expensive than the Totem. It should be same as the '06 Boxxer Ride (which I have), but in a single crown. If $ is an issue, I'd consider the '06 Boxxer Ride 133-178mm. I got mine barely used with a Romic top crown w/direct mount stem, and a Holtzfeller stem for $400 on ebay. It is 7 lbs, but I believe the similar Domain will be over 6 lbs anyway. It performs way beyond my expectations. I'd rather have the Totem 2 step air w/mission control damping, but its gonna be over $1k !!! Maybe I can afford one when the '08 forks come out...

Don't worry about not having ETA, u-turn is better, you still have a functional fork when the travel is reduced. My bike (Giant AC) climbs and corners like an xc bike at 133mm (well, kinda...), and descends like a dh bike at 178mm.

That said, I'd love to have a Marz 66sl... I don't know if I'd like it as much, but I'd love to drop 1.5 lbs.

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

VooDoo user.
    The Totem 2-Step Air has a rapid travel adjust somewhat like ETA, drops it from 180 to 135 with the flick of a switch. Doesn't drop down as far as ETA, but unlike ETA the fork is still fully active in the lower setting (unless you also lock it out at the same time with the adjuster on the right leg). Massive 40mm stanchions, definitely a beefier fork than the 36. I don't think there is going to be a U-Turn version, just the 2-Step.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    SO the TOTEM only has 2 travel settings? 180 or 135?

Sick fork.