mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Fox F-series 100mm Vs. Rock Shox Sid Team

Both these forks are in the same price range, having trouble deciding. I can get the better deal on the rock shox sid team, but i see the least of these around, fox f-series on everything.

Is there a reason for this? Input needed

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    well its the wrong forum but i will say that i have a New style sid on my xc bike and i'm loving it. stiff as it should be for a light fork and the fluidity on the travel is also great. and that is coming from a 260 lbs rider.

mtbr member
    The RockShox Reba is more comparable to the Fox F100 in terms of weight, stiffness, and intended use. The SID is a no-apologies XC race fork, while the Reba and F100 are both meant to be great all-around performers

EDIT: upon further research it looks like the new F100 is actually closer in weight to the Sid. Regardless, I would personally choose the Reba Race because I would rather have the extra $200 than the 0.2lb weight difference. But, again, that is your decision to make.

mtbr member
    If you are in the right forum you would have been asking about Reba with 20mm Maxle vs Fox with 15mm (and there will be a rush of zealots blabbing about how 15mm is a unneeded standard).

Given the original question, while I have no problems with a new 32mm SID (old one was a noodle), its intended purpose will give me a pause on anything but a lightweight XC ride. But it performs seemingly identical to a Fox 100 I used to have. Given the two I would pick Magura Durin Race.