mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Fox DOSS worth the $$?

Hey all, I got a '12 575 whose components I've upgraded to the point of satisfaction. However, I was considering a dropper post (specifically the fox DOSS). Is it really worth the extra cash? And what's the main diff between 125mm and 100? FWIW, I'm 6'2" 220 lb. I've also got a CTD lever for my rear shock. Could this work in tandem with my post, or would I need another lever for just the post? Thanks for any input!

mtbr member
    I've heard so-so comments about the Fox DOSS from my local bike shop. They've had a lot come back in for service and repair, more than RockShox and KS. I know just like all the manufacturers their first couple years are rough, so maybe that's what's going on with the Fox. The good thing is that while the first gen Reverbs had issues, the current models from 2012 and going forward are proving to be much more reliable. There truly are a ton of great dropper post options out there now.

I did many months of research before I finally landed on the KS LEV. It's about the same cost as the DOSS, but has a smaller lever and the cable doesn't move as it's not attached to the head of the post. It's also infinitely adjustable and the lever integrates into ODI grips. Comes in 100, 125 and 150mm travel versions.
    "Got everything you need?"

HAHA PWN
    I had mine for a while now. It's been solid, but I really hated the remote and the three way positioning, but it's growing on me. I still suggest you getting the KS LEV or wait a bit for Thomson's post with their two year warranty.

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    I've heard so-so comments about the Fox DOSS from my local bike shop. They've had a lot come back in for service and repair, more than RockShox and KS. I know just like all the manufacturers their first couple years are rough, so maybe that's what's going on with the Fox. The good thing is that while the first gen Reverbs had issues, the current models from 2012 and going forward are proving to be much more reliable. There truly are a ton of great dropper post options out there now.

I did many months of research before I finally landed on the KS LEV. It's about the same cost as the DOSS, but has a smaller lever and the cable doesn't move as it's not attached to the head of the post. It's also infinitely adjustable and the lever integrates into ODI grips. Comes in 100, 125 and 150mm travel versions.
    Nice to hear the positive on the KS LEV. How long have you used it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the info. My only aversion to the reverb is the fact that its hydraulic, but I can get a 2013 for $280 after coupon/dividend at REI.com. The KS Lev looks like a very viable option, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fuel View Post
    Nice to hear the positive on the KS LEV. How long have you used it?
    Right about 2 months now. So far, so good, but as with all components time will tell. I'm hopeful though, based on the number of positive reviews both pro and independent for the 2012 model.
    "Got everything you need?"

Now older but less slow!

Fox DOSS worth the $$?

Haven't tried the DOSS but I have a KS LEV 125mm and I like it a lot.

I've never used a dropper before so can't compare it to others but in the 8 months I've had it, it has been super reliable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've been using the Fox doss for about 1 week not, its worth the money. its easy to setup and I really like the big remote of Fox DOSS.