mtbr member
    May 2010

Fox DOSS vs. Specialized Command Post

Hi all, I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a dropper post, and I think I'm more interested in the ones with fixed drops. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both the Fox DOSS and the Command Post, and could comment on if there is any reason one should favor the DOSS over the Specialized model (the DOSS is around $50 more, and both posts seem like they have very similar functionality). Thanks!

mtbr member
    Specialized Command owner here. I've used it for a little over a year now and so far no issues. I haven't experienced the broken collet that seems to have plagued many. Specialized claims to have fixed the issue, but some are on their 2nd and 3rd rebuilds.

I recently added a 2012 Reverb, factory rebuilt with 2013 internals and all I can say is wow. I think my Command post is going to start collecting dust.

I can't comment on the Fox. Never used one.
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Fox DOSS vs. Specialized Command Post

I have had a reverb and now have a command post, and if I was going to buy one right now it would be the Thomson. It is still fairly new on the market, but appears to have the standard Thomson quality which is very good. They are the only drop post I can think of that has a stated "lifespan" of the internals (2 years) which I think is a good thing that they know/expect how long it will last without servicing.