Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fox D.O.S.S. dropper seatpost coming in March 2012

Check out the sixth blurb down here:

"Fox says its long-awaited DOSS dropper post will be available in March 2012. The DOSS is cable actuated, air sprung but, surprisingly, is not damped, so the action is very quick—similar to a Gravity Dropper or Specialized Command Post. Available with either 100 or 125mm of drop, the DOSS is a three-position post—it offers full height, full drop and a 40mm drop setting on both lengths. A small lever on the remote allows the rider to switch between full height and 40mm drop only, while the large main lever accesses all three positions. Price and weight are not finalized, but Fox says it will be competitive with similar products. Available diameters are 31.6 and 30.9"

OT: Sonya Looney is way hotter than the Marzocchi booth babe...
    Last edited by zuuds; 01-30-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have a command post and haven't had a problem with one lever and 3 positions. That 2 lever setup takes up too much space. Wouldn't buy it on that alone.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm sure it's probably average, but I'd like to see a weight.

I'm also pretty sure you could make it work with a different remote. That thing is a bit much.
    MTBR Legal Disclaimer: I am the co-owner of DG Cycles in Epping, New Hampshire.

mtbr member
    I am assuming that it still actuates at the top of the post, and not on the collar?

Really looking forward to someone making a post that the cable doesnt move with it.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The lever looks cumbersome and complicated (and freakin' huge), but I like the concept.

I have a Command Post, and I often overshoot to the bottom position the when trying to go from full extension to the middle position. With the Fox setup, you could push the small lever, plop the seat down, and be assured that you're only going into the middle position. This would require less hand/butt coordination, which can be at a premium when your brain is an oxygen-deprived state.

usually cranky
    hand- butt coordination is second most important behind hand- eye coordination. maybe you should spend less time complaining about your command post and more time doing butt/ hand exercises.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    hand- butt coordination is second most important behind hand- eye coordination. maybe you should spend less time complaining about your command post and more time doing butt/ hand exercises.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Command Post. In fact, I started the "Command Post Blacklite" thread (and they said I would never amount to anything...)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    I am assuming that it still actuates at the top of the post, and not on the collar?

Really looking forward to someone making a post that the cable doesnt move with it.......
    Already do- Gravity Dropper
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Already do- Gravity Dropper
    true.....shoulda mentioned I want hydraulic as well.....

GAME ON!
    does it come in kashima?

srsly, though.. you say march 2012, fox says HOPEFULLY by march 2013.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

KS Lev

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

I'm with you on this - this post doesn't have anything to offer me that my currents posts don't do, and the pics I've seen make the remote and the way the cable attaches to the post appear cludgy and fragile at best.

Love my Reverb - except for having the hose flopping about. Love my Gravity Dropper Turbo - except the preset stops - but the cable being static is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by thorkild View Post
    KS Lev
    Which is still a new player as well. If it works well and doesn't have any reliability issues, it could be the one to beat.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Jungle rider
    That lever looks HUGE!
    "My future involves more biking, some ups, some downs, then death" Adam Billinghurst - Just Some Guy That Rides Bikes

deez nuts

Looks like mid Summer

I talked to Fox today and they said it would be "introduced" at Sea Otter. They will start taking orders after that and delivery will be June- ish.
    Bummer, I need something before that.

mtbr member
    Honestly....

This looks terrible. 3 positions, complicated awkward looking remote.

Certainly doesn't look like a step up from what's on the market, unless it is 100% bullet proof.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDCA View Post
    Honestly....

Certainly doesn't look like a step up from what's on the market, unless it is 100% bullet proof.
    my reverb has been issue free for its existence. can't compete with that. even if the fox was better, i'd have no reason to switch. if they can somehow make it 100-200g lighter, then they might be on to something.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    I should say that I have a KS i900 that has been perfect for the last year. The DOSS looks like a step down from that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Honestly....

It's one of those things that comes out, you look at and think- all engineering, never tested by an actual user.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

b a n n e d

true.....shoulda mentioned I want hydraulic as well.....
    Blackx Jewel?

blacx - new jewel adjustable seatpost 2012
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Seems like a possible winner, but no N.A. rep/distribution/support.

Was eyeballing one of those a while back from the only U.S. guys I know who were dealing with them. They have since pulled out of the U.S. market, or been dropped - not sure which.

Kinda' wish I'd bought on back then, just to have some actual data about the thing.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

b a n n e d
    Yeah, i know about the lack of distributors. Although it is easily worked around to get the thing . . . not so easy if you have a problem and need service, which lets be honest, in the world of adjustable posts is probable.

Off the back...
    Honestly....

Truth! For being this late to the game, I would have thought Fox would have something better.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Truth! For being this late to the game, I would have thought Fox would have something better.
    Agreed . . . pretty disappointed in Fox on this one.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    +1. they didnt even seem to make any improvement over the current offerings.

mtbr member
    cable routing should be at the bottom imo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast