Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    usually cranky
    i was quite opposed to this, mainly the lever, but it is growing on me. if reliability proves good i may give it a go.

mtbr member
    Maybe you're right, but what other reason to drop the price other than its not selling as well as expected?

Quote Originally Posted by peanutaxis View Post
    I completely disagree. There's plenty of competition out there - At least 4 brands making them. But the R&D put into something like this is insane. They're more complex even than suspension forks because everything has to fit into a tiny seat post!
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

usually cranky
    maybe the high price was to create hype? common marketing tactic. when it didn't take of like fox wanted they lowered the price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    i was quite opposed to this, mainly the lever, but it is growing on me. if reliability proves good i may give it a go.
    Hehe, maybe fox knew that they are so notorious for useless seals that they went mechanical to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whason View Post
    Maybe you're right, but what other reason to drop the price other than its not selling as well as expected?
    It's better to drop the price and make less profit than have none sell and make a loss.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Friend has one and has been a maintenance disaster! seals and has a tendency to go down on it's own any given time.went back to a Reverb much more dependable and is a better product.I run a Reverb too works perfectly and use it daily!

mtbr member
    I looked at these. Couldn't figure out why it costs so much though? I'm confused why any adjustable seatpost costs over 200$. I bought the Giant contact switch and its been totally reliable and does the same thing all the other posts do but for half the price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    taking a risk at putting one on my nomad. left it at my lbs yesterday as i'll be going out of town and will be back on monday. kinda anxious to see how it will go. and also, i asked my lbs to see if they can do something about the huge lever. x-fingers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DexTan View Post
    taking a risk at putting one on my nomad. left it at my lbs yesterday as i'll be going out of town and will be back on monday. kinda anxious to see how it will go. and also, i asked my lbs to see if they can do something about the huge lever. x-fingers!
    If you swap your front shifter to grip shift you can run the lever under the bar. It's much more comfortable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Has anyone tried this post with a different lever? Would like to try one but only if I can put a smaller lever on the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I wish Fox used this lever for the DOSS.
    Name:  img2-rl-foxlever[1].jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  18.2 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sancycling View Post
    I wish Fox used this lever for the DOSS.
    Name:  img2-rl-foxlever[1].jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  18.2 KB
    I tried an Epicon (suntour) fork remote but it's a no go. the throw on the suntour remote is too short and i can only go down to the TRAIL setting. would like to get my hands on remotes from KS and DNM to try em out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am going to run the DOSS on my Yeti 575 build (it will fit in with the other Fox components I am putting on).

mtbr member
    I'm hoping someone who owns a DOSS can give me a measurement. What I'm looking for is typically called the "insertion length" (yeah ha-ha) measured from top or bottom of collar to bottom of (black) inserted end....I realize there is an air valve too but don't think this would be an issue. Also not sure if the 125mm and 100mm will have a different measurement but would likely get a 100mm version. Thanks

mtbr member
    these look like they have a lot of potential for problems but cool product. I would like to have one of these one day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    DOSS post with a XTR Left shifter!!!
    I noticed Jared Graves had that setup recently at Punta Ala. `

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Is it possible to buy different diameter external tube to change 31.6 to 30.9?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm thinking to get this fox doss or reverb 2013. So you have any problems if you use it in extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain or if its covered with mud, does it affect the reliability and durability?

Also how long is the cable the comes with it and why did you use the jagwire instead of the stock wire that comes with this fox doss?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've had one for close to a year now. It saw a ton of mud use last winter with no ill effects. The cable that came with mine was plenty long enough for both my medium AM and DH bikes (I switch it between bikes).

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    my Fox DOSS arrive this morning. It took me 1.5 hrs to install, because I had difficulties internally route the cable inside my frame, but the actual installation of remote, cable, seatpost took only 15 mins.

This seatpost is superb I really like the quality and I guess the durability. The only problem the return is too fast even though I pump 10psi only. I might reduce further once I use it on the trail .

This seatpost is better than Rock Shox reverb.
    Preferences

§
    -
    =
    Backspace

Tab
    q
    w
    e
    r
    t
    y
    u
    i
    o
    p
    [
    ]

Return

capslock
    a
    s
    d
    f
    g
    h
    j
    k
    l
    ;
    '
    \

shift
    `
    z
    x
    c
    v
    b
    n
    m
    /
    shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anybody know about maintaining these. I have two of them, and with the weather change I had to add air to them to get them to rise all the way up. Not a problem, but when I let a little air out a bunch of dirty liquid came out too.

Is this oil? Does it need to be changed? I don't use water to clean my bike, so I'm not sure what it is. BTW, Six months on each and love them, best seatpost I have had.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4