Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dRjOn View Post
    just found this:
    Universal Cycles -- Fox Racing DOSS Adjustable Seatpost
    looks like 2 lengths for both drops - 335 or 386mm. nuts!

if 386 is from saddle rail middle to the bottom of the post, minus 95mm is going to leave me 10mm too short......which would be a shame.
    Yes, just saw that too. Once you put on your saddle, will that not cover the 10mm?
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    unfortunately not...the measurements i need would include that....

mtbr member
    Any updates?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I just installed the D.O.S.S. on my Scalpel 29 Ultimate. I looked at all the other options, my LBS veered me away from the Kronolog (which was my first choice) due to large number of returns. The Reverb was their #2 choice, but in the end I took the Fox as I liked the solid feel of action. I was put off by the large lever as the OP was, but after using it, it keeps out of the way, and I think will prove useful. Will update as I ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Have opportunity to get one....

Anyone have a few more rides on this yet??? Im sold on it for the most part besides the lever but many are describing it as more useful then cumbersome. I ride an Intense Carbine with a triple up front so my lever would be up top :/ Let me know what everyone thinks....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have about 3 rides a week for the past 4 weeks on mine. Lever mounted above the bar. The post just plain works! In fact, this seems to be the perfect post (except it is costly, although I got mine from bikebling for $380) Overall the post works exactly as it is suppose to. Locks in every position easily and has never done anything weird. Works just as it did when I put it on the bike! It is rock solid!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Cool sounds great! Ill have to pick one up for myself...I can get mine priced just a little bit better than what you got from a friend at a LBS near me so it wont be to bad I can get a couple more if anyone is interested PM me

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spoovy View Post
    Will update as I ride.
    Did my first decent ride this morning. I have to say, this post is sweeeeet.

I agree that although the lever is butt ugly, (a) it's actually pretty useful to have the two levers, and (b) it's not too big when you're riding.

No play, good solid feel and action. No complaints so far :-)

Also remember if you're in the Bay Area that SF/East Bay Bike Coalition members can get upto 15% off parts/accessories at participating bike shops - so takes the price down to around 370.

mtbr member
    I guess the actual number of riders using these posts is still small since it is relatively new. I look forward to hearing more as more riders get them and give them real world testing.

mtbr member
    Anyone have the critical measurement for both the 4" and the 5" models? The bottom of the "collar" to the seat rails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Anyone have the critical measurement for both the 4" and the 5" models? The bottom of the "collar" to the seat rails.
    Wasn't too sure what you meant so I took a quick pic for you.
    My DOSS post is
    -30.9mm and 4" of travel.
    -Overall length is 335mm with a minimum insert on 95mm
    -total allowed out the the frame is 240mm

Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Just a quick update:

I've had it for just over 2 months now. And done roughly over 700km. With gear I weigh 210lbs+
    Its has seen heavy rain/ tons of mud, two crashes and of course, lots of sunshine.

So far absolutely zero problems and no play, which was one of my pet hates from my old (1st Gen) Reverb post.
    The lever was only part I didn't like but I'm happy with it now. Works smooth and liking very much the three levels of height control.

IMHO this post is solid as, build very well and is going to last. I would be happy to buy another one again.
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XgreygOOse View Post
    Just a quick update:

I've had it for just over 2 months now. And done roughly over 700km. With gear I weigh 210lbs+
    Its has seen heavy rain/ tons of mud, two crashes and of course, lots of sunshine.

So far absolutely zero problems and no play, which was one of my pet hates from my old (1st Gen) Reverb post.
    The lever was only part I didn't like but I'm happy with it now. Works smooth and liking very much the three levels of height control.

IMHO this post is solid as, build very well and is going to last. I would be happy to buy another one again.
    Not having any issues/problems is really what it's about with MTB, no? Who wants to "limp home" on their bike? nobody! Keep the reviews flowing please.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Got this from Fox this afternoon. Thought that others might find it helpful as well -

http://service.foxracingshox.com/con...Spec_Rev_B.pdf

mtbr member
    Well I just got this and it works nice, on the street. I will hit the trails in the morning and give it a real test. Any issues for other users yet?

Perpetual Hack
    380.00 for a seatpost??? Are we going collectively insane?!?!

I have an EARLY Reverb ver1 that I paid just under $250 for and I thought that was outrageous. Mine is still going strong with no issues as mentioned by others. Head is still tight, no slop, no turning nothing. Still as solid as day 1.

The only problem I have had is self-induced. I had a bad crash whilst lift-riding that tore the hose out of the remote. 11.00 bucks from Universal for a replacement hose and barbs. Less than 20 minutes to replace hose and bleed and I'm good to go.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post

I have an EARLY Reverb ver1 that I paid just under $250 for and I thought that was outrageous.
    michael
    Check the MSRP on the RockShox Reverb. No one 'needs' a dropper post, this isn't food or shelter, the pricing is based on what the market will bear. Maybe you won't pay it, just realize that you DID pay 10x more than you 'needed' to for a seatpost already (a conventional post can be had for $25) but plenty of others will.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post

I have an EARLY Reverb ver1 that I paid just under $250 for and I thought that was outrageous. Mine is still going strong with no issues as mentioned by others. Head is still tight, no slop, no turning nothing. Still as solid as day 1.

The only problem I have had is self-induced. I had a bad crash whilst lift-riding that tore the hose out of the remote. 11.00 bucks from Universal for a replacement hose and barbs. Less than 20 minutes to replace hose and bleed and I'm good to go.

michael
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. The price for bikes is over the top too if you think about it you can buy a used vehicle for 5000$ or a bike. You got a deal on your reverb and last I checked it was my hard earned money not yours

mtbr member
    Well after 10 hours of use mine started to have play and I returned it to much money to not be happy with product. Hope every one else is trouble free

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I got mine when they first released and it is still going strong after miles and miles of tough riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I was able to get one hell of a deal on this seat post from a local dealer, so the ultra high price didn't hit me. I've ridden it for a month now, and it has been passed between my all mountain bike and my downhill rig repeatedly. Overall, I love it. Its been very reliable, and is almost intuitive after a few rides. Just dont make the same mistake I did and hit the release while not having weight on the seat. It flys up at mach 2 and is more effective than most modern birth control.
    Last edited by Slimdunham; 08-14-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mispelling

MTBR Member
    Who's running this post with both front and rear shifters? I see where the lever would make a lot of sense, if you're running a 1x setup, but it doesn't look optimal for 2x or 3x setups.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I ran it with a 2x10 drivetrain. It was a little weird on top of the bars as it stood up kind of high but it worked fine and didn't get beat up in the crashes. However I have since gone to 1x10 and it is really perfect set up in the shifter position. Either way worked fine but I will admit the 1x10 is cleaner looking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    sorry for the dumb question, but can I paint the retractable part in black?

i just really hate the color!! Kashima was the biggest lack on this post!

Insanity later
    Just to add to the reviews. I rode a DOSS for 3 days over the weekend. Coming off a Reverb and a Joplin for what it's worth.

Short story, it's a decent post but I'd never buy one. That remote is terrible!! Tolerable if you don't run a front der, but having it above the bar is cumbersome at best. I also found the small black lever (1" drop) required way too much thumb force due to it's short length (and I have pretty big hands too, so can't imagine how smaller people could enjoy it)

Finally, after coming from infinitely adjustable posts I was curious how the 1" drop option would be. I've got to say it's ok, but honestly wasn't enough for me. On those fast sweepy downhills where I still need to pedal, the saddle was still in the way, so I ended up using the full drop and just standing up more. I'm 6'5" though so it might work great for smaller people.

The weight is also a big negative for me, when most of the competitors are more than 100g lighter, and just as good. I'd rather save that weight and add it back in my tires, where I really notice the difference.

I'll probably buy the KS Lev instead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast