mtbr member

Fox 36 Talas on Yeti 575??

I have been toying with putting a Fox 36 TALAS on my Yeti 575 (Currently have 03 Talal/125mm).

My question is: Will installing this fork give me any appreciable gain in technical or downhill performance by adding travel and stiffness? Will I lose climbing ability to the point where it is not worth installing the fork?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch
    I have been toying with putting a Fox 36 TALAS on my Yeti 575 (Currently have 03 Talal/125mm).

My question is: Will installing this fork give me any appreciable gain in technical or downhill performance by adding travel and stiffness? Will I lose climbing ability to the point where it is not worth installing the fork?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Slowtwitch, I run a Fox 36 Talas on my Yeti 575, and it's one of the few forks I would run on it. Reasons - It's 6 inches of travel, which roughly equals it's rear travel, it's 20mm through axel and 36mm provides stiffness far beyond that of the 32 talas i previously owned, and it's pretty light considering how beefy it is.

I can't comment on how much better it will make you ride but I will say this, it puts the 575 at perfect angles for aggressive decending, and it's Talas function allows you to lower the front end for climbing. I've owned two Talas forks now and my only advice would be to get the '07 model with the 3 position travel adjust switch. The 3mm per click dial on the earlier models although not a big issue, takes much longer to go from one extreme to the other.