mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Formula K24 or Avid Code

Which get your vote - i ahve both and cant decide which to keep and which to sell. Both are unused so i cant compare them.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    i have owned and ridden both extensively. are you looking for a really powerful brake ore a very well rounded break?

codes are the first and the k24's are the second.

both are great brakes but that are very different.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I rode with K18 for over a year (similar to the K24) and now run Codes on my Nomad.
    I found the power from Formula very good indeed and lightweight. However I found them a little finicky at times and servicing them can be a little difficult depending upon your LBS.
    The Codes on the other hand have given me no problems and offer tons of modulation as did the Formulas but less so later on when I started to experience problems. Overall I prefer the Codes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    how about Hope m4 ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hmto
    I rode with K18 for over a year (similar to the K24) and now run Codes on my Nomad.
    I found the power from Formula very good indeed and lightweight. However I found them a little finicky at times and servicing them can be a little difficult depending upon your LBS.
    The Codes on the other hand have given me no problems and offer tons of modulation as did the Formulas but less so later on when I started to experience problems. Overall I prefer the Codes.

+1. My K24s have been a pain in the butt to service.

mtbr member
    I too and thinking about getting some k18s. Only heard good things about them, but perhaps I should ask around again.