mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Fork for Nuke Proof Mega

I bought a Nuke Proof Mega frame a few days ago. I need to purchase a fork for it. I have done some reading of the reviews of the complete bike that comes a Lyrik. Seems like a good match with the rear but I was wondering if anyone has any real life ride time on a Mega with a different fork. I was thinking of a Marzocchi 44 or 55 RC3 Ti as I have been very pleased with the 66 RC3s that I have had the last few years. Any input?
    Last edited by myarmisonfire; 09-07-2012 at 06:41 AM.

GAME ON!
    you're not going to get a consensus answer to this. there are lots of great forks and everyone has a preference.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    you're not going to get a consensus answer to this. there are lots of great forks and everyone has a preference.
    I'm not looking for a consensus. I am looking for anyone with real world riding experience on the Mega frame with a fork other than a Rockshox Lyrik.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by myarmisonfire View Post
    I was thinking of a Marzocchi 44 or 55 RC3 Ti as I have been very pleased with the 66 RC3s that I have had the last few years. Any input?
    If you still have it a 66 would be a good fork, Nukeproof rate that frame as up to 180mm up front.

Anyway, a 55 or 66 set up fairly progressive would be a good match. I've only ridden a Mega demo bike (with a Lyrik naturally) and the back end is pretty progressive. It's doesn't batter you but full travel really takes a jump to achieve.

I have a 55RC3ti on my Cotic Rocket, which uses a 200x57 (like the Mega) shock and has a spring rate curve a lot like the Mega. It's a good match, I run mine slightly over filled and with 7.5w oil so it doesn't dive. Works well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    If you still have it a 66 would be a good fork, Nukeproof rate that frame as up to 180mm up front.

Anyway, a 55 or 66 set up fairly progressive would be a good match. I've only ridden a Mega demo bike (with a Lyrik naturally) and the back end is pretty progressive. It's doesn't batter you but full travel really takes a jump to achieve.

I have a 55RC3ti on my Cotic Rocket, which uses a 200x57 (like the Mega) shock and has a spring rate curve a lot like the Mega. It's a good match, I run mine slightly over filled and with 7.5w oil so it doesn't dive. Works well.
    Thanks for the info! Exactly the kind of feed back I was looking for.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    I've just purchased a mega and 55ti fork. Fork purchase based on the amazing reviews inine as well as folk i know riding them. I'll be building up over the next few weeks......

GAME ON!
    sweet frame
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I was tempted to get the yellow frame but I opted for the black instead. I do like the color and I bet the white fork will look great with the yellow frame! I suspect I will also go the 55 RC3 Ti route. My 66 will be too much fork.

No Stranger to danger....
    very very nice bike.....shes a gun.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Im getting a black 2013 Lyrik RC2DH for my Mega sometime during the winter.

Not that I really need any beefier, but bb height is just too low with current 150 32mm Fox.
    A-C is around 30mm too short and drops bb almost 15mm.

Here's overload of yellowness. "Everything is good and I have no worries, I'm so much better than I was before"

Nukeproof Mega AM bike check and Hope Pro 2 Evo sound - YouTube

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    Been on a lyrik rc2dh the part few months on my nomad. It's amazing, I have been using it in the 170mm mode. It has me wanting different rear shock the is more supple, that beingsuay it also has GTA bottem out control, those last 15mm are very hard to get into.

usually cranky
    dont have a mega but i do have a 2011 55. butta.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_crackien View Post
    Been on a lyrik rc2dh the part few months on my nomad. It's amazing, I have been using it in the 170mm mode. It has me wanting different rear shock the is more supple, that beingsuay it also has GTA bottem out control, those last 15mm are very hard to get into.
    That 170mm Solo-Air is exacty what I'm thinking.

Does that fork come with a 10mm spacer if I want to lower it to 160mm?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a BOS 160mm and the frame would be fine (probably better) with a 170mm fork.