mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Fork for my Heckler

Iím looking for a fork for my coil sprung 2004 SC Heckler.

I want a plush, stiff (bolt through), simple (probably coil - fit and forget, air seems too fiddly) fork with at least 140mm travel. Maybe adjustable if its not too expensive.

I'm 6'6" and so not too dainty but also not into massive hucks either. I've got up to £450 to spend

So far i've got:

- Fox Vanilla RLC QR15: top choice at the moment
    - Fox Vanilla Talas QR15: would be top chioce if it were a bit cheaper...
    - Pike Coil U Turn maxle: seems to tick most boxes but is heavy
    - Revelation air u turn maxle: again ticks most boxes but is air which i'm not too keen on...

Should I think about last years Lyrics? Any Manitous or Marz????

Thanks for any help.
    Matt

Seeeriously easy Livin
    just to let you know there is no fox vanilla talas, if you want a fox with travel adjust it has to be air,

If you want cheap coil travel adjust check out the Rockshox domain 160mm u turn, or the lyrik U-turn if its in your budget.

mtbr member
    +1 for the Rockshox domain 160mm u turn.
    1ST RATE Earnest Borgnine-Ethel Merman erotic nudes!óDANGó Ethel was WAY hairier

mtbr member
    I'd recommend Fox Vanilla 32 or 36 depending on what amount of travel you're looking for..

mtbr member
    Just get the Pike, or a Fox 36

spec4life???..smh...
    Im working on a heckler build myself and Im going with the 36 Talas.

The bike is sized around a 140mm fork with a 69 HA. I figure that with the adjustability of the 36 Talas I can crank it out to slacken the HA on the downhill or reel it in to 130mm for more XC stuff and get the HA closer to 70.

Just my rational...

mtbr member
    Hi,
    I have a new Heckler (well 5weeks old) with a nice build and a Fox 36 Talas RC2 2009.

The 36 Talas is actually a bit longer compared to a 32 (that is with the same amount of travel). So the 36 at 130mm is exactly as long a-c as a 32 with 140mm of travel.

The Heckler handles spectacular with the 36 at 130mm feels very balanced, climbs good and descends nice. I love the possibility to put the fork in the 160mm setting though.
    Iīd say the 32 Van would be a nice match too, but I think it would be a tad bid short. Perfect Heckler fork would be the 32 Vanilla in a 150mm mode

So my recommendation is the 36 Talas, or maybe a Wotan or a Lyrik (but they are heavy).
    Maybe you can get a 2008 Talas, they work very well too!

Greetings Znarf