Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fork Crown Investigation

882 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  savagemann 
#1 ·
Here is what I intend to do... I'm looking to get an old Marzocchi Bomber Z2 fork with a 1" steer tube. The fork has a removable crown/steer tube, which I hope to mount to a modern set of fork legs (80mm-100mm travel). Has anyone ever done this? Is it possible? The only challenge I foresee is finding a modern fork that has the same diameter legs and/or a removable crown.

Opinions?

#7 ·
I thought Marz still made a 1" steerer fork.
Its a cheap fork, I forget the model. Maybe they stopped making it recently, but there are still some out there to be had.
One of my coworkers was telling me about it because he has an old pro flex he wants to get back to life. I could be wrong. I think it is the MZ line. I'll ask him later when I go to work.

#9 ·
Damn..nice find Bromine! :D
I may have to order one for my dad...he loves the suspension on my bike...but doesn't want to give up the old Skyway Lemurian. :rolleyes: (Still a GREAT bike BTW)
He lives by a butt-load of trails, but complains about the jarring to his 65 y.o. body from the rigid fork :)

ya got any idea, off-hand, about US $ exchange rates currently and shipping??

#10 ·
Go to the upper right corner of the webpage and set the website to us dollars and United States and add it to your cart to find shipping. I think anything over $275 total is free shipping, but you have to pay an exchange fee of around $15 on your credit card.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.