mtbr member

Fork compatibility of a F800

I have a F800 frame w/head shock. I wanted to know if it will except a standard fork or am I stuck with the head shock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drth Vadr
    I have a F800 frame w/head shock. I wanted to know if it will except a standard fork or am I stuck with the head shock?
    I think it has a 1.5" headtube. As long as you get the proper steer tube/headset, you should be OK with a standard fork.

I could be wrong though

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    It does NOT have a 1.5" head tube. Cannondale is larger. You need a reducer head set.

mtbr member
    http://forum.tryonbike.com/index.php?topic=36.0

Cannondale Headshok. Although a Headshok steerer is close to 1.5" it is actually 1.5625" or 1 9/16 inch. The Headtube dimensions for 1.5" and Headshok are very similar, differing only in the minimum press depth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headset...#Headset_sizes

Actually, I have a set of E13 headset cups that will reduce a 1.5" headtube to 1 1/8 to allow you to run a standard 1 1/8" headset and fork. You can have that for $20 shipped.

However, I personally would look for a Chris King Devolution headset or a Cane creek double X headset to the flexability in fork choices (straight 1.5" steer, tapered or straight 1 1/8" steer).

Best of luck with your project.

Ming

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I want to sell the frame, but not if it was incapable of excepting current technology.