Dirt Deviant

Focus Bikes. Anybody have any experience?

http://www.focus-bikes.com/bike_deta...=753013&do=idx

I was checking this bike out. Seems pretty cool. The 1.0 comes with a hammerschmidt!
    Seems like a really cool spec.
    Made in germany, which is a plus.
    The project uses knuckle box suspension, which I have heard good things about.
    Are these just rebranded Diamondbacks or something?
    I am assuming the company licensed the technology from DB.
    Pretty sure it is a new company since all I see are 2010 models on the website.
    Anybody have any info on these?
    Anybody test one at interbike this year?
    One thing that really interests me about them is the bigger the bike is, the larger tubing they use. Most builders don't do that. I know Commencal does on some bikes.
    This is of interest to me since I am a big guy.

Quoted from their site.
    "
    SSPS
    With the new Stable Stiffness Per Size (SSPS) system the FOCUS engineers have come up with a real stroke of genius. Until now all aluminium frame sizes had the same tube dimensions but with SSPS the tube dimensions are exactly tailored to the size of the bike. This means that no matter how tall you are, whether 1.6m or 2.2m, your Focus bike has the same ideal ride quality with consistent rigidity, suspension and strength per size"
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Focus is not a new company, the name exists for 10-15 years IIRC. It was founded by Mike Kluge but I think they ran into trouble and the brand is now owned by the German part of Derby Cycle. Derby also has some stake in DB, Univega and other brands.

They were talking about starting a US operation based on the West Coast, so maybe some of the bikes (sans the Horst link ones) will be available here.

C>

Dirt Deviant
    Awesome!
    Good stuff. Thanx for the info.
    Their bikes look pretty nice.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

Let the good times roll.
    Focus bikes are indeed rebranded Diamondbacks. The Project 2.0 is essentially a '10 Diamondback Mission. I have an '09 Mission and love how it performs. The '10 Mission is supposed to be even nicer.