mtbr member

Smile First Major Purchase..... I feel like I belong now.

I finally migrated away from the walmart special and ordered the first bike that when I go up I wont have to worry about what will happen when I come down.... lol.

I got an Ironhorse MKIII Elite off rscycle. Looking to do some AM riding with it but It will probably mostly see trail duty. Just placed the order today so I will post pic's when it comes in. I have been riding the walmart mongoose for a year now and was ready to take it to the next level.

DOES ANYONE REMEBER A THREAD ON HERE WHERE A GUY POSTED SOME VIDEO'S OF HIS MKIII WHERE HE WAS HOPPING A PICNIC TABLE? I WANTED TO REVISIT THAT AND CANT FIND IT. IT WAS POSTED LAST FALL I THINK?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey man, Congrats!

Making the jump is definitely eye opening! You're experience is going to be so much better on the trails now. That's a great bike and its going to last you a long time. Enjoy, and ride the crap out of it!
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

I DON'T avoid rocks.

mtbr member
    i built up a mk3 elite from just the frame! but you are going to love that bike man!
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah I picked one up a few years ago during a season-end blowout- Great bike! Very versatile.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Congratulations! Make sure you post some pics. I'll never forget my big first purchase...my first car to cost more than my mountain bike, and I was 28 at the time! That's not saying much, my most expensive car before that was $3K.
    I like to ride bikes.

mtbr member

Ooopss!

After I posted this thread I read all the drama that was going on with IH so I cancled the order and got a Trek Remedy 7. It was about 500 more but it was the bike I was REALLY wanting anyway. So looks like I have already upgraded.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntmaster
    After I posted this thread I read all the drama that was going on with IH so I cancled the order and got a Trek Remedy 7. It was about 500 more but it was the bike I was REALLY wanting anyway. So looks like I have already upgraded.
    Haha, no cure for "upgradi-itus"... terminal I'm sorry to say

The White Jeff W
    I'm glad you saw that. I thought about linking to that thread last night but I didn't wanna kill your buzz.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    whats going on with IH, I must have missed that?

mtbr member
    they went under.

Huh?
    Iron Horse released rights to the DW Link. They also now major in Wal-Mart brand bikes.

Congrats on your purchase. Just want you to know that you shouldn't think of yourself as more privileged to ride (not that you have). The bike is just a vessel, but you're the captain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Congrats!
    Nice choice. I always liked the look of those MKIII's.
    Go ride and post some pics man!

I finally migrated away from the walmart special and ordered the first bike that when I go up I wont have to worry about what will happen when I come down.... lol.

I got an Ironhorse MKIII Elite off rscycle. Looking to do some AM riding with it but It will probably mostly see trail duty. Just placed the order today so I will post pic's when it comes in. I have been riding the walmart mongoose for a year now and was ready to take it to the next level.

DOES ANYONE REMEBER A THREAD ON HERE WHERE A GUY POSTED SOME VIDEO'S OF HIS MKIII WHERE HE WAS HOPPING A PICNIC TABLE? I WANTED TO REVISIT THAT AND CANT FIND IT. IT WAS POSTED LAST FALL I THINK?
    Frankenstein doesn't scare me ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrock45
    Congrats!
    Nice choice. I always liked the look of those MKIII's.
    Go ride and post some pics man!
    6th post.... First Major Purchase..... I feel like I belong now.