Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

First Major Purchase..... I feel like I belong now.

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  FLMike 
#1 ·
I finally migrated away from the walmart special and ordered the first bike that when I go up I wont have to worry about what will happen when I come down.... lol.

I got an Ironhorse MKIII Elite off rscycle. Looking to do some AM riding with it but It will probably mostly see trail duty. Just placed the order today so I will post pic's when it comes in. I have been riding the walmart mongoose for a year now and was ready to take it to the next level.

DOES ANYONE REMEBER A THREAD ON HERE WHERE A GUY POSTED SOME VIDEO'S OF HIS MKIII WHERE HE WAS HOPPING A PICNIC TABLE? I WANTED TO REVISIT THAT AND CANT FIND IT. IT WAS POSTED LAST FALL I THINK?:madman:

#5 ·
Congratulations! Make sure you post some pics. I'll never forget my big first purchase...my first car to cost more than my mountain bike, and I was 28 at the time! That's not saying much, my most expensive car before that was $3K.

#6 ·
Ooopss!

After I posted this thread I read all the drama that was going on with IH so I cancled the order and got a Trek Remedy 7. It was about 500 more but it was the bike I was REALLY wanting anyway. So looks like I have already upgraded.

#8 ·
Bowhuntmaster said:
After I posted this thread I read all the drama that was going on with IH so I cancled the order and got a Trek Remedy 7. It was about 500 more but it was the bike I was REALLY wanting anyway. So looks like I have already upgraded.
I'm glad you saw that. I thought about linking to that thread last night but I didn't wanna kill your buzz. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Iron Horse released rights to the DW Link. They also now major in Wal-Mart brand bikes.

Congrats on your purchase. Just want you to know that you shouldn't think of yourself as more privileged to ride (not that you have). The bike is just a vessel, but you're the captain.

#12 ·
Congrats!
Nice choice. I always liked the look of those MKIII's.
Go ride and post some pics man!

Bowhuntmaster said:
I finally migrated away from the walmart special and ordered the first bike that when I go up I wont have to worry about what will happen when I come down.... lol.

I got an Ironhorse MKIII Elite off rscycle. Looking to do some AM riding with it but It will probably mostly see trail duty. Just placed the order today so I will post pic's when it comes in. I have been riding the walmart mongoose for a year now and was ready to take it to the next level.

DOES ANYONE REMEBER A THREAD ON HERE WHERE A GUY POSTED SOME VIDEO'S OF HIS MKIII WHERE HE WAS HOPPING A PICNIC TABLE? I WANTED TO REVISIT THAT AND CANT FIND IT. IT WAS POSTED LAST FALL I THINK?:madman:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.