mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Fezzari/kindshock i900 reliability?

Hey,
    I need to confirm or to cancel the replacement of the first seatpost that I have received from xxcycles in France. Their tech wrote me that it has a play of about 1mm-2mm at the tip of the saddle. From your experience, is that normal? Would I feel it when riding? Shipping cost is so high from Canada to France so I need to know if that's a issue or normal condition.

Many thanks!

Reviewer/Tester
    Most adjustable height seat posts have a little play in the shaft and this can be felt at the nose of the saddle as lateral play. 1 - 5 mm usually covers the amount you can feel.
    My Speedball had around 2-3mm and my CB Joplin has around 3-4mm. This is pretty normal. It won't affect your riding, and you won't feel it when riding the bike.

R.
    It is inevitable ...

mtbr member
    I have a Speedball R. It certainly has something in the range of 2-3 mm of play, but as Rainman stated, you don't noticed it at all while riding. It's mostly something people will wiggle in the parking lot and make statements as to why they didn't spend that kind of money. And then when they are fiddling around in a technical section w/ their seat up their a$$, you just pop the lever, drop your seat and sail on through. Remote adjustable seatpost has been one the best upgrades I have ever made.

mtbr member
    My Fezzari KS900 R has no play.

It did have to be warrantied one time from the factory before 1st ride but has done well since. (I have only had it a few weeks so can not speak for long term durability).

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Replacement post is on the way!

springrubber
    what hank said