s62
    mtbr member

Enduro Expert good for All Mountain?

I'm considering a 2002 Specialized Enduro Expert. It's got a Fox Float R rear shock, a mix of Shimano XTR/LX/Deore components, 175mm Specialized Strong Arm II crankset sporting 42/32/22 chain rings in conjunction with the 11t -34t rear cassette, Shimano Deore Hydraulic disc brakes, Mavic X223 wheelset with brand new Panaracer Fire Pro XC's, and a Marzocchi Minute long travel fork upfront. It's a sweet ride, and I'm pumped about it. I just want to be sure it will do well for all mountain (or maybe free?).
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    that frame has potentially been used for 5 years...

i hope you know the history before you decide to ride it...

alu frames and long term abuse don't mix

obviously no worries if it's new or has not been used much

never heard of a Marzocchi Minute fork

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have an enduro expert 02 and its an awesome bike. I use it from everything to XC to DH and the frame is still working great. I even did alot of urban riding on it hucking it off stairs and other things i could find. I have done i rebuild on the rear pivots and snapped the shock swingarm at one point, but its functioning now. Im currently looking at upgrading to an Enduro SL because i want the longer travel. But if the frame is in good shape, go for it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They are good trail bikes. I wouldn't do any FR as the head tubes can ovalize. Have the rear shock PUSH'd for climbing as the FSR tends to bob quite a bit.

mtbr member
    you dont have to go the SL route to get more travel. The normal enduro expert is 6 and 6

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by socalenduro
    you dont have to go the SL route to get more travel. The normal enduro expert is 6 and 6
    This model is 2002..

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    be careful, you don't want to get stuck with a bike that you're going to have to replace in a few months because all of the components have crapped out on you