Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Easton Haven component group

I'm seeing so much on the Easton Haven carbon wheels from Sea Otter, but I've also seen a few pictures of new handlebars, stems and posts. Does anyone have more information? I'm not planning on getting the carbon wheels any time soon, but maybe the other parts. Here is a page I found from singletrackworld.com. I'm hoping for prices and what not. I'm excited about the Haven bars. I've been considering the Easton Monkeylite DH bars for my Tracer, but if these bars are just as wide, and stronger, but in a lower rise they would be perfect.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2010...ls-bars-stems/

usually cranky
    i guess around $150-160. a bit more than the monkeylite dh bars.

What's putting me off a bit is the lack of info on a date for the expected release to the public.

The 55mm stem is just what I was looking for and there aren't that many options around that lenght.
    (I'm currently riding a 45mm Syntace Super Force, but upon moving to a new frame I'm feeling a 55mm one would fit me better, without being too long)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm really interested in this stuff too. I wish they would let us know when we can expect this stuff to hit. The bars and stem are just what I'm looking for.

wuss
    Aargh... I was just searching, sure somebody here would know when the handlebars will be released. Seemes like a pretty good weight for a sturdy bar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've done a bit of digging with no results. Luckily my new frame has been delayed, so I don't have an urgent need yet.

mtbr member
    but isn't their stuff only designed for the new handlebar standard: 30.2 mm?
    Nobody cares...........

Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel
    There's a new standard? Why, oh why...
    According to singlecrown.com it will still be 31.8mm and released in the fall (whatever that means).

http://singlecrown.com/news/101-2011...sts-and-wheels

After trying to get a hold of the official date for the Haven line to become available to the public (through e-mails to Easton) and not getting one, I have to confess that I've moved on.
    Maybe when it gets out in the fall™ I'll take a look again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel
    I did a quick search as I don't recall seeing anything that noted that. I can't find anything that notes clamp size for the stem or bar diameter.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Raceface SIXC is wider and lighter.

http://www.raceface.com/components/h...quarter-riser/

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The carbon bar is 170grms from what I can see at 711mm
    Last edited by The Beater; 06-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yes the Easton Haven carbon is said to weigh 170 grams at a length of 711mm, and a price of around $150 msrp. The RaceFace bar is said to weigh 220 grams at a length of 725mm, and a retail price around $130. That's a big weight difference for a relatively small price difference and length difference. A tenth of a pound savings for $20 seems pretty reasonable to me, as long as I didn't need the extra 7mm of bar on each side of the stem. Truth be told, I'd be stoked to have either one. Until the Haven components are actually released to the public, it's all just speculation really.

mtbr member
    The answer pro taper carbon bar looks like another good option, and they come in more rise options
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

Haven AL wheels?

Anybody know when the 20mm Haven (AL) wheels are expected to be released?

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I sent them an email asking last week and they the the 20mm AL version should be avilailable "in the next couple of weeks". So I guess around July 1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pork Chop Express
    I sent them an email asking last week and they the the 20mm AL version should be avilailable "in the next couple of weeks". So I guess around July 1.
    ok, cool. Thanks PCE.
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

mtbr member
    Any sign of the Haven bars yet? I can't find them anywhere.....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Neily03
    Any sign of the Haven bars yet? I can't find them anywhere.....
    I see that there is Easton Haven bars on Ebay, are thoes the one you are looking for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VP Not Free
    I see that there is Easton Haven bars on Ebay, are thoes the one you are looking for?
    Yes but in aluminium........ and it's a bit suspicious that ebay is the only place with them for sale....

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    River City Bicycles in PDX had the aluminum ones a couple of days ago when I was in, so I assume they are definitely available out there.

mtbr member
    I have the Easton Haven Carbon 711mm and have seen the Carbon Havocs as well at my LBS.

mtbr member
    Cheers guys, ordered from FullCycles as they had the black Alu' instock stock. Shame I had to pay $35 postage to the UK though.........

mtbr member
    Remember there is also 'Enve Composites' who make 3 carbon risers:

800mm wide, 225g, 31.8
    700mm wide, 175g, 31.8

The 800's are very light, escpecially considering you would cut a good 50mm minimum off them on an AM rig. Available Jan 1, 2011 according to their website.

More details:
    http://www.envecomposites.com/handlebars/mtb.aspx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by starship303
    Remember there is also 'Enve Composites' who make 3 carbon risers:

800mm wide, 225g, 31.8
    700mm wide, 175g, 31.8

The 800's are very light, escpecially considering you would cut a good 50mm minimum off them on an AM rig. Available Jan 1, 2011 according to their website.

More details:
    http://www.envecomposites.com/handlebars/mtb.aspx

The make 2 carbon risers and a flat bar. Seems like quality stuff. There seem to be only at roadie bike shops here in the Seattle area...that worries me a bit for DH or even AM components.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast