mtbr member

New question here. Dunno if this is the right section to post this in..

...but I have a trek liquid 25, everything stock on it, and sometimes when I climb hills that are terrainy (is that a word?), not paved, a little click or snap can be heard from the handlebars somewhere. I cant really pinpoint exactly where its coming from but I think its in the headtube. Its a single click, not like a series of them. Any idea what this could be? Im guessing its either the bearings in the headtube or the thing that holds the handlebars (I think its called the neck). The bike is only 6 months old.

Fall guy
    Stand over your bike on some pavement or something grippy, grab your front brake and push forward and pull back on the handlebars. Is there any play or click?

Lock rear brake and pull the front of the bike up, repeat the pulling and pushing. also try turning the handlebars and see if there is any sort of play or tightness.

Stand over the front tire looking toward the rear of the bike. Hold the tire in your knees, and wiggle the bars like you were turning them, and push down on either side of the bars. Feel for loseness and listen for the creak.

Next check the tightness of the bolts on the stem(what your calling the neck), both the ones around the handlebars, and the ones around the steerer tube.

Just kindof wiggle tug and push on parts till you hear the sound again.