mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Dual Crown for Bullit help please

I am new to MTB. Bought my first and only bike a month ago. After doing research and the deal I got. Went with 2010 Bullit. So far I am pretty happy with it. But there is some room for improvement for what I like doing. I mostly shuttle with my friends or been going to Snow Summit last 2 weekends. I like the DH type riding the best so far. But I have a loop that I take my son on behind the house. That requires a little bit of pedaling. I have a Totem on the bike now. But I am thinking a dual crown in 203mm would be better. What would you guys recommend? I still need to pedal with the boy and push the bike up when needed. For everything but Snow Summit the totem works pretty ok. Its just not very plush. I have done the flood gate mod. Which helped a ton but still not exactly feeling the way I would like. What fork and what other parts would be needed to get my Bullit a dual crown setup. I am going to get a dual chain ring to make pedaling easier. But I want to get the bike more DH friendly then anything else. I know some are going to say just get a DH bike. But I don't have the money for two bikes. The warden would throw me out for sure. I plan on buying the fork from the sale of my totem and I have a marzocchi 55ti to sell also.I have seen a bunch of pictures of Bullit with dual crown. If your riding this setup how do you like it? Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly I don't plan on racing I just want to have fun.

usually cranky
    id try asking the same question on the dh/fr forum. a rs boxer is the lightest dc fork i think, would be good for pedaling.