mtbr member

Dsp bighorn dropper help.

Has anyone had any experience servicing this post? Mine leaks and needs a new top o-ring but I can not get a hold of dsp and can't find and service kits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I don't have one and don't know of anyone who does, but if you are getting nowhere and decide to take it apart to investigate I'm sure it won't be too hard to figure out a replacement seal.
    Alternatively you can like send it to a reputable suspension rebuilder and they can figure it out.

mtbr member

Yeah that's what I'm gonna have to do. There are no companies in the us that service dsp products and only one in the uk but they don't do the dropper post! I'm just gonna give it a go myself

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Good luck and if you encounter challenges with disassembly, sourcing parts or reassembly, post some pic's/info and hopefully it won't be too hard to sort out.

mtbr member

Will do thanks man

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    These guys : S4 Suspension - Mountain biking shocks and forks maintenance and rebuilding. used to be DSP distributor in Canada and the US. It seem like that they don't carry them anymore. I'm sure they've worked on bighorns a lot so they might be able to help you.

mtbr member

Sweet thanks man! I just emailed them! Hopefully they have some helpful info!

mtbr member
    Ok an update. I replaced the leaking o-ring and it fixed the air problem. Soooo I aired it up and no all I have is a really expensive suspension post -___- When I push the remote lever it doesn't make the post drop. I have the proper amount of air in it. So I'm assuming the release valve isn't working properly? or something along those lines? Has anyone had any issues remotely similar to this? Still no answer from DSP either! Terrible customer service as it's been 4 weeks now since I've emailed every department of the company.

Thanks in advance!
    Nick

mtbr member
    Ok new update... I ripped the post apart again and found out the previous owner put the release valve set-up back together completely wrong so the valve was stuck open.. causing the post to not lock. Also from it not being rebuilt properly the push rod that actuates the release valve is all bent up and dinged at the tip so I cleaned that up a little and re shaped it. But for now I have to wait for my new shock pump to come in to make sure it works properly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by that_nicker View Post
    Ok new update... I ripped the post apart again and found out the previous owner put the release valve set-up back together completely wrong so the valve was stuck open.. causing the post to not lock. Also from it not being rebuilt properly the push rod that actuates the release valve is all bent up and dinged at the tip so I cleaned that up a little and re shaped it. But for now I have to wait for my new shock pump to come in to make sure it works properly.
    Hi ! would you have some picture or could you explained a little on how to take it appart to replace the seal ? thanks