Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the input, guys. I've taken the advice to see if I can get my Reverb warrantied and my super helpful LBS thinks they can get it done. For now, I'll go with the free route, especially when the differences aren't super pronounced.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    ^----- thanks for that info!

Keep on Rockin...
    Specialized Blacklite... Great post. I have many miles on two f them.

Ran the GD since they first came out. Also, a good post but not as refined as the others... But, super durable.

May contain nuts
    I wonder why doesn't GD make a less agricultural remote, and maybe tidy the post/cable interface... A couple of minor refinements to a otherwise sound product would be all that's required to clean-up in the dropper market, esp against daft pricing from KS etc..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Kinda like this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have a LEV on my nomad and a Reverb on my Trans AM. The lever on the LEV can't be beat, the post feels solid as a rock, and I love the cable placement. The only issue I have with it (after only about 140 miles) is the hardware locking down the seat slips a little over time. Just a little locktite and it's been fine. The Reverb has worked really well too. There's a little more play when you hold the bike still and rock it, but it doesn't affect anything while riding. The cable routing means that it has to flex out when the post drops down, which hasn't mattered at all. My biggest concern is the lever/button. Not that it's bad, or doesn't work, it's just not as user friendly as my LEV. At least it's not a beast like the DOSS.

mtbr member
    it has a tiny bit of play.. less then 2mm or so but the Giant contact is a great dropper post for the price point. I put 6 months of riding on my last one on a hardtail, had some hard hits and crashes on it and never had any issues. Have another contact on my new rig so i hope the same track record continues with me.

RS reverb is an amazing post even at the price point, but at just over $200.00 i do recommend considering the contact.

as a side note, i was getting a bit of sag. put a drop of lube on the hinges for for the button and issues solved, i think a bit of grit got into it and it wasnt returning to full lock as fast as it should.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

Keep on Rockin...

Oh, oh, oh...

Quote Originally Posted by svalgis View Post
    Kinda like this?
    Is that a GD?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Is that a GD?
    No.

purebike.fr :: ICE Lift V8 Telescopic Seatpost 2012

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    It's also branded as "Forca Vario" among others, with very minor differences.

As a side note, if anyone find the remote being sold as a separate unit, please do tell. My GD Turbo would be perfect with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    here is my 2 yrs old GD. Solid performer, very well made.
    DOSS looks nice tho.

Mtb Guide
    I have the black model Reverb love it, no issues after 6 months hard abuse.

I have been recommending to freinds the Lev due to the cable mount at the post, one thing I personally dont like is how the cable routes out of that nice lever on the bar it sticks out like a big arse curve and rests over or under theyre brake levers not good, seems like the only thing that was an after thought, otherwise they have been loving it, only I probably notice the cable. I'm as fussy with they're bikes as mine.

I love the Reverb lever left under side too very clean and protected and natural, hate bar clutter and cable junk.

I wish my HD had internal dropper post routing so I could run a Stealth Reverb guess nothing is perfect

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I totally agree with the big arse loop of cable on the ks. It's not very clean looking.

Just pushed the buy button on a ks lev. $400 bucks gone ye hah!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    $400..... ouch. I was able to pick one up last week for under $300 shipped. Still, I can't believe I just paid that much for a seatpost. There once was a time that would be the cost of a good wheelset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wfo922 View Post
    I totally agree with the big arse loop of cable on the ks. It's not very clean looking.

Just pushed the buy button on a ks lev. $400 bucks gone ye hah!

I've seen some LEV's installed in a particular way that the loop is very intrusive, but I personally haven't had that problem. I installed the remote so the cable goes between my brake lever and shifters. This forced me to turn the lev remote a little higher on the bars than many people put their actuator, but I've quickly gotten used to it a little higher and my thumb finds it quite easily...the result is, my cable runs along the same lines as the rest of my cables and hoses.

You are going to love it.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Killed an early silver collared Reverb. Warrantied with a Black Collared one (which I understand is different internally) which has been bulletproof for a year. A bleed every 4 months (literally a 10 minute process) keeps it fast. Don't like the lever much but mounted on the underside of the bar it's okay.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Mtb Guide
    Ive seen a smart solution to the Lev cable loop @ my LBS, used a V brake noodle loop housing, cleaner more direct.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    There is SO much info on each of these posts in their own specific threads, but I'm wondering if anyone has used either two or all three of these posts and can make a comparison. My experience is limited - I got a used Reverb off of craigslist which had some sag from the top position once I sat down on it. I got about 5 rides on it and loved its functionality, and can't see using a regular post, but the sag issue is bothering me. There are some good deals to be had on posts this weekend, and I'm seeking opinions...

Thanks!
    Bleeding the line and lever won't help that sag you refer too. I've had that issue on my reverb on two separate posts. It was cured with a complete overhaul (which costed me about $100CAD, and was done by Shawn Cruikshank of Fluid Motion in Sqamish BC), which presumably included a proper bleed of the post oil (not the line/lever oil). The first time I had this issue it went through the LBS to Norco Canada, and came back in the same shite condition.

That being said, I like the Reverb better than my LEV. The LEV is great but after every wet ride the lever freeezes up. It takes a lot of force to free the cable, then it works perfectly again. Really bizarre, as it has this quirk EVERY wet ride.

So yeah I have both, and both have their issues. I hope Thompson can have theirs sorted.

Mtb Guide
    With the Reverb be careful not to tighten the seat-post clamp to tightly this will affect the Reverb from going back to full travel and may cause the sag issue referred too.
    Try it its easy to test to see if this is your issue.

I prefer the under the bar position the Reverb offers as well its more natural and protected and uncluttered on the bar plus I like the lever myself.

The Levs fixed cable position is definitely a great selling point especially if you don't have internal routing for a Stealth Reverb, I have notice some flex in the 150mm dropper Lev, that would worry me personally, 125mm infinite adj is more than enough for me and stiffer no flex point, I noticed this on a friends ride today, no problem but how will it last on the long run just speculating, I hope it lasts well as I recommended it to him

Either way pros and cons just minor, I think both are awesome and just comes down to what works best for you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have the current reverb and have done a lot of mileage on it, still works perfectly, very smooth action, I like the trigger as I have 1x10 and it's mounted under the brake lever protected, but... the one thing that shits me is the moving hose, it doesn't cause issues, it just looks untidy. If I were to buy again I'd buy the lev or stealth reverb for static hose/cable routing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    +1 for LEV

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukr77 View Post
    Bleeding the line and lever won't help that sag you refer too. I've had that issue on my reverb on two separate posts. It was cured with a complete overhaul (which costed me about $100CAD, and was done by Shawn Cruikshank of Fluid Motion in Sqamish BC), which presumably included a proper bleed of the post oil (not the line/lever oil). The first time I had this issue it went through the LBS to Norco Canada, and came back in the same shite condition.

That being said, I like the Reverb better than my LEV. The LEV is great but after every wet ride the lever freeezes up. It takes a lot of force to free the cable, then it works perfectly again. Really bizarre, as it has this quirk EVERY wet ride.

So yeah I have both, and both have their issues. I hope Thompson can have theirs sorted.
    Thanks, ukr. I went through my LBS to get it warrantied, and it was "approved and warranty work completed". Sounds like they fixed it, but I'm hoping it's technospeak for "replaced". Wishful thinking, I know, but as long as it works, I'll be happy. Due in on Friday.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Reverb rules...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I'va had the chance to run the Reverb for about a year and loved it, reliable and only bleeded it when new. Only had developed a little play.

But then tried the LEV and won't go back. LEV is so smooth and rock solid, the mechanical cable is much easier than the Reverb and lighter if I can recall, plus the actuator is crazy ergonomic. Beware I've been using the LEV for about 2 months and long term results are still to come.
    Now that you've had some more time on it, do you still like the LEV more?

Closekids.com
    Where can i get a deal on a LEV?
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast