mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Does Cannondale Still Make the Jekyll 800?

I haven't been able to find anything on the Jekyll 800 on Cannondale's website. I was approached by someone who has what he says is a brand new Jekyll 800 he wants to sell for 950 euros. The bike looks brand new. He wasn't the owner, but had the bike inside the back of the restaurant for a friend. (A friend and I had just finished a 50-mile bike ride and stopped in the restaurant afterwards to have a drink.) I'm skeptical, but it looks good. Any thoughts? He said the original owner only rode it a couple of times (and it looked like it). The underside and the entire bike was scratch free. Right off the showroom. I'm skeptical.
    Thanks.
    Jay (A Cannondale Prophet 400 owner)

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    2005 was the last year for the jekyll the prophet replaced the jekyll.Also you can go to Cdales web site they have archives as far back 2000 on all the years bikes

mtbr member
    Too much money for an older bike IMO. New or not it's at least 5 year old technology.

Also sounds pretty dodgy, unless you know the seller.

Its got what plants crave
    I liked my Jekyll. In some ways it got me into freeriding and more aggressive trail riding in general.

mtbr member
    Here's the cannondale website archieve for the Jekyll 800:
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/model-4VN8.html

Here's the cannondale Jekyll owner's manual (takes a while to load, but anything you need to know about the bike is here):
    http://www.cannondale.com/asset/iu_f...plement_en.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for all the good info. I agree with the bike being old technology if the last production year was 2008 for the Jekyll.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybearden
    Thanks for all the good info. I agree with the bike being old technology if the last production year was 2008 for the Jekyll.
    That should have been 2005 vice 2008.
    Thanks again!