Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

do all or just DH ????

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Pete-G 
#1 ·
would this work for a AM bike or just DH ? whats it worth if in very nice shape ? just getting an idea of what i should offer him......

thanks
lance

2005 Gary Fisher King Fisher

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
This is mine. THe bike was serving double duty for me for a while. Heavy duty trail riding and FR/DH. I just built up that fat possum(green bike) for heavy trail riding so now I am permantly leaving the heavy tires on and converting it to a single ring because, as of now, it is for only going down. If you are man enough to pedal it, it will go suprislingly well too I might add. I have crested many climbs with this beast. By the way, that fork is total poop, and you are going to have to ditch the saddle, or never sit on it. Also, punt those tires.

By the way, I LOVE my bike! I am not claiming it is the best, but I LOVE IT. Reliable and comfy.

Attachments

#8 ·
there really is no quiver killer bike. you are gonna weigh what you want to do and then decide what bike you want and how to build it. If you want to huck your meat chances are your bike wont be an efficient pedaling machine. If you want to be able to pedal up hit rock gardens and take 6-8 foot drops than a 140mm bike with like a float or lyrik 2 step (or something similar) with 160mm fork will be your best bet.

For me I have a blur LT with a lyrik 2 step 160mm and a hardtail stumpy. for mellow climby xc rides i bust out the specialized for more pinner rides i bring out the SC.

#9 ·
here is mine, one of the best bikes I have ever owned, if you have the chance get one. Plush, fast , and smooth. I love it like has been said before might not be the best bike in the world, but I love it, it gets the job done, and it is kind of rare. enjoy the pics

#10 ·
I also own a GF King Fisher. It's a great bike, but not a do-it-all no bike is. The stock forks are garbage. You would be much better off getting a Marz 66, 888 or RS Totem or Boxxer on there. Oh, yea and as mentioned before...ditch the saddle. The bike pedals pretty decently with the higher placement of the pivot. I ride mine in Moab and have a blast! To reduce rotating weight you might also want to get lighter tires and tubes. If you can pedal it, you can ride it!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.