mtbr member

DIY bashguard installing on Enduro...

i'm not sure if i want to go with e13 or raceface. But either way, if there anything in particular i need to be aware of when installing it? Do i need to adjust my front derailer and if so, how do i do that...

on the Spesh site it says the chainring is 44t.

which do you prefer? The raceface seems lighter, but a clear e13 would look cool.
    I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to bashguards. When it says it will "will cover up to 38t", does that mean it's talking about covering my middle chainring?

...idios...
    A bashguard will normally replace your outermost ring, leaving you with what was the middle ring as your largest. If a bash will 'cover up to 38t', it is intended for use with a largest ring size no greater than 38t.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you aren't planning to remove the BG periodically, set the front derailler outer stop so it doesn't go out of the middle ring when you hit the shifter.

El Pollo Diablo
    Quote Originally Posted by wacopacco
    When it says it will "will cover up to 38t", does that mean it's talking about covering my middle chainring?
    Yep!
    personally, I'm partial to a 1x9 setup, so don't worry about the FD messing anything up, but when I was still riding my old kona DJ bike, it was set up so trying to shift up to the big ring would do nothing except drag the der against the bashring.

bashrings are nice, and between RF and e.13, you're hard pressed to go wrong!

mtbr member
    I'd get the Race Face. The e13 is beefcake, but is way heavier than the RF. Since you posted this in the AM forum (plus it's on an Enduro), I'm assuming this is more for the odd rock or log, rather than for trials or urban. The Race Face is all you need for that.

mtbr member
    hey guys thanks for the responses. Yea its more for clearance on rocks/logs and the occasional foot slipping off the pedals and grinding the back of my leg against the crankset (ouch). I dont do any kind of stunts or things like that. A lbs near me is an e13 dealer, but they might be able to order me a raceface if i want it. A clear e13 would look cool, but if the raceface is lighter then thats the way i definately want to go.