mtbr member
    Mar 2009

DiamondBack Mission or Haro Xeon S frame ??

I need to buy a cheap frame and I decided between these.
    I already have a 5 travel frame, and I want to go to 6 travel.
    What would be the best and why ?
    Does anybody have one of these?
    Thanks

Inrideo est vita
    I rode a Xeon for a year... on eof the best bikes I have ever owned. I have a pretty extensive list of bikes and FS designs, and the Xeon climbs like a monkey and rips it on the DH.
    I say go for it...
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hmm
    I will buy it to give a plus on my iron horse mkiii.
    Do you thing it will be a good choice ?
    What the defferences will I feel between Xeon and MKiii ?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I cant speak for the haro.. But I have an 07 mission 1. I had it for a few months now and ride it 2-3 times a week.. I feel the frame is great. I really like the fox rear shock and the tora front fork is decent. As for the frame I do feel a slight flex in the rear when hitting the corners on DH decents. I hate the OE truvative blaze crank.. Shifters and derailleurs even brakes, which are all origional... So far my 2nd ring bent.. chain broke yesterday almost left me stranded 10 miles from my car up on the hills. Luckly I decided to pack a screw driver and found a rock to hammer it back in place. BTW the OE chain is sram, shifters and derauilers are shimano (lower end).. and the crappy brakes that stick to the pad once and a while are hayes sole. The sun wheels are needed to be trued.. and the rear hub is grimy not smooth..

I came from a 2004 specialized hardrock HT. I still like but it caould use updated brakes and forks.. But I beat it pretty bad.

What I do feel is the mission climbs better and goes hownhill a lot better.. I can ride it harder than the HT and add more confident.

I believe with better components the mission would be great. For example the 09 and newer mission comes with high end components.

Maybe more info than you need.. But yes the frame is well balanced and solid so far. So id recommend the frame with the right components.