Thread: DH Fender

mtbr member
    May 2006

DH Fender

Ok maybe I am a total retard but I purchased a THE fender for the front of my Spec Stumpy FSR because I have been riding through stuff kicking up alot of sand. Now, I got it and it looks like there is a big black plug/bushing that gets shoved into the underneath of the neck of the bike and thats how it secures it? Is that how it mounts?

If you drop the fork and try to mount it between the fork and frame it doesnt look like it would fit.

Thanks

J

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    That black plug/bushing should have a bolt in it that allows it to tighten to the inside of the headtube when inserted under the fork crown, don't place it between the fork and frame! There is no need to remove your fork.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pops
    That black plug/bushing should have a bolt in it that allows it to tighten to the inside of the headtube when inserted under the fork crown, don't place it between the fork and frame! There is no need to remove your fork.
    So you need to remove your bars and stem? sorry if im missing the obvious here

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    No, no need to remove anything. The fender has the plug/bushing with its bolt and is inserted in the bottom of the fork crown. There should be an open hole in the bottom of the fork crown, above the tire. I assume no illustration came with the package, eh ??

mtbr member
    May 2006
    nothing came with it but the fender and the metal bracket. so loosen the bolt, shove the black plug up in the fork crown, then tighten the bolt and it expands the bushing to make it fit tight? or is there a threaded hole inside the fork crown i didnt feel?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    You got it, there isn't any threads to attach to, just a compression fitting. I used one of those before and they work well, stay in place too !! Marzocchis is a bolt on but what you've got is fine !

Desert Saildier
    Aug 2005
    I like my Marzocchi fender but I wish that it had more coverage in the back. I still get mud thrown in my face!
    Seafarinman
    IT1(SW) USN
    2K Access Ti SS magic 32/20
    2K4 Jamis Komodo SS magic 32/20

just along for the ride
    Well there is a solution and there is a socially acceptable solution soon w/o color issues...

http://www.kcbx.net/~tsulaiti/fugly/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Teeth
    Well there is a solution and there is a socially acceptable solution soon w/o color issues...

If you look at the last pic where there's a close-up of the BB shell and seat tube, it looks like there's a crack in the frame.. Theres a little white chip where paint is missing and yo ucan see a very thin black line coming down across the weld onto the bb shell... could be optical illusion but looks kinda cracky to me
    http://www.kcbx.net/~tsulaiti/fugly/images/pic00021.jpg

just along for the ride
    Good eye but it must of been the light, just checked it with the magnifying glass and no crack yet, knock on wood

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Teeth

That name is soooooo appropriate.
    Team MOJO Wheels.