mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Devinci Remix Five

Hi guys,
    I have been offered a stock devinci remix 2005 for 1500$ and I d'like to know your opinion on that. The bike seem to be in shape but since its still pretty snowy here (Montreal), I didn't have the chance to try it out. I couldn't find other second hand remix on sale on any site I know so I have difficulties evaluating if its a good price or no. Any help would be really appreciated! By the way, I know none of you have seen the bike, but lets consider two summer of regular uses...

Here is a link to devinci's website, click archive and 2005.

Thank you very Much,

Mathieu

mtbr member
    Check out the Canadian Builders forum. There is a bit of info there about the Remix. My gf has a Magma that she likes. Needle bearings at the pivots make it nice and smooth. It seems fairly stiff and the suspension action is nice. Definitely a good quality bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hey,

I ride an 05 Remix 5 frame with a different build from stock. The retail at the time new for the remix 5 with stock build was around $3400 so if the components are the same and in nice conidition I would go for it. I'm very happy with my remix its evolved from xc rig to light freeride -climbs great, decends even better. Only issues have been with cable routing (follow tech manual) and not much mud clearance. I ' ve raced it and done lift days and other than normal component wear she's handled everything -so very versitile. Bottom line -looking at her makes me want to ride -think I'll go right now!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

a nice remix

Hi guys,
    Thank for the answers. I went to see the bike yesterday and it is in a pretty good shape. The current owner is a manager in a wll known local bike shop and seemed like he took well care of the remix. I give myself the week to think a little more but I will most likely buy it. For 1500$ canadian, I doubt I could get myself something better for all mountain use.

For other poster, feel free to add your opinion!

Thanks to all,

Mat