Thread: cyclometer

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

cyclometer

Hey, I just bought an 05' Dawg a few weeks ago and have really been enjoying it. I have one question tho. How do you guys attach your cyclometers to the shock? I had to take it off of my old bike too once i put a fork on it and now on this bike the fork is huge...i just had an idea, like right this second, to see if maybe i can mount it on the rear wheel somehow...anyway, any suggestions are welomed...thanks

All Mountain Rider
    Well I don’t know if it will help I show you what I did with my cyclo computer and suspension fork

Slot of suspension forks are slightly wider at the top and narrower at the bottom this means that you sensor can start to slip down the fork. Plus having magnet near the rim like they show you in the manual means its going to get all mud

Considering all those I installed the sensor at the bottom of my fork and the magnet near the hub. They booth don’t move and stay clean.

I don't know if it will be possible to mount it on the back tire... alot of the time the range of the sensor is only like 1-2 feet mine says its only 1.5 feet range but works good at 2 feet 1.5 inches. lol

You might have to contact the company if the strap or band or claps that holds the sensor on the fork is too small. Mine came with this zip tie like thing. Works well when you put a rubber shimmy and tighten the hell out of it.

Good luck though and if the range of the sensor is long enough I highly recommend the bottom of the fork near the hub position.

Here some pics

You can see how close to hub i have it. stays dry and clean also don't have to worry about the sensor geting hit by an out of true rim.

in the socond pic you can see how much zip tie is left over even on 1.75 inch diameter fork. the manual says it can fit up to 2 inch

oh by the way this is a Echowell Zone-7w.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abc123jmt; 04-26-2006 at 04:11 PM.

wot no bike?
    Yeah prolly won't transmit from the rear or might be sketchy, I would stick with the forks. I have a Vetta RT88 wireless on my Manitou Sherman Breakout forks, and I had to get a little creative with zip-ties. Essentially what I had to do was ditch the way-small zip-ties the computer came with and used a bunch of long ones, mounting the sensor to the lowest point of the fork near the hub. Only down there was the sensor close enough to the spokes to pick up the magnet. Also had to angle the sensor inward a bit but so far so good.

-p

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    thanks for the suggestions guys...ill see if i can rig somehting up..i have a vetta wireless but donno the model...got it a long time ago but works fine, and has all the features and stuff.