mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Curious about entry level AM vike

Hey everyone. I've still new to biking, but I've been riding a Trek 4300 for a couple months it' a XC style hardtail and I like it a lot. Obviously I'm limited at the downhill I can take. The fork is also a basic RST gila 80mm fork. It works great on some of the single track I have rode. My closest park is overall very technical, though. It has some of everything to offer, but I definitely need a better fork.

I learned a little bit about the AM style bikes and I think would be interested in a AM hard tail, maybe fs. I definitely am interested in a fork with more travel and better downhill. I am leaning towards a new bike so I can upgrade the derailleurs and brakes at the same time. I am interested in what kind of entry level bikes fill this category and some input on that. IfI don't buy an AM I'll probably get a nicer XC

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    What's your budget? What trails do you ride? How much do you weigh? Do you enjoy climbing, or do you climb to get to the descents? How often do you ride? How long are your rides?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: Curious about entry level AM vike

Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    What's your budget? What trails do you ride? How much do you weigh? Do you enjoy climbing, or do you climb to get to the descents? How often do you ride? How long are your rides?
    Looking for used. Up to 800 roughly. I enjoy single track a lot and am store exploring trails in my area. I generally climb to descend. Ride 1-3 times a week. Weather is a pain right now. Weigh 135lbs. Rides average 1-2 hours on the bike.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4