Thread: Crap

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Crap

Well i finally deciding on getting the GT force 3.0
    Sadly, i went to go order it from performance (lowest price i saw) and the large just ran out of stock! I emailed and asked when the new shipment would come, and there is none. They are waiting for the '11 models in late january.

So my question now is, should i risk being 6ft tall and ride the medium? My friend is about the same hight and rides a teocali medium, so im questioning it.

If not, Should i go for the sensor? It seems like the same bike just 5" of travel.

If all else fails, maybe just wait for the 2010's to go way low and grab a 2.0...if they still have large that is.

anyone have advice on what to do? Im stumped!

mtbr member
    Do not settle on an ill fitting bike.

mtbr member
    No matter how good the deal is, it is not worth it if it does not fit you right! Pay a little more and get the right size you'll be happy with the decision.
    www.mtbiking.ca
    Your Key To The Epic Ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    test fit the medium, i know gt run a size big. use the code 735 for a extra 15% off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    also try buing it somewhere that actually has it in stock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneyRiver
    No matter how good the deal is, it is not worth it if it does not fit you right! Pay a little more and get the right size you'll be happy with the decision.
    Sad thing is, this was the bike that i was paying a little more on haha, so anything higher and ill go broke!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I looked at the spec on their site. The medium is 18.4" and the large is 19"...is that much of a differnce? The standover hight for the medium is 28.28 and large is 28.83

I see a small difference, is it noticable?

Edit: Measured myself and the bike i currently own. It has a 30" or so standover hight. I have a good 2-3 inches on it barefoot. Looking even at the Extra Large from on the GT Force 3.0, its standover hight is just under 30. Seems like an ideal fit?

think
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdan
    I looked at the spec on their site. The medium is 18.4" and the large is 19"...is that much of a differnce? The standover hight for the medium is 28.28 and large is 28.83

I see a small difference, is it noticable?

Edit: Measured myself and the bike i currently own. It has a 30" or so standover hight. I have a good 2-3 inches on it barefoot. Looking even at the Extra Large from on the GT Force 3.0, its standover hight is just under 30. Seems like an ideal fit?
    Ignore standover height as it is totally irrelevant, worry less about seat tube and more about effective top tube.

The fact that you have to ask these questions shows that you should be buying the bike from a knowledgeable local shop instead of ordering it online. All this money you're "saving" is a joke if you end up with a bike that doesn't fit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Well when i went in to buy a bike last year, i was most definatly shorter and they gave me a 19.5" bike, i know for a fact ive grown quite a bit. so i was just getting the idea moving up a size wouldnt be terrible

Edit: im starting to think the safest route is to get the sensor 3.0 but if i could only get some info on this bike! It seems that no one in the world rides this bike!
    Last edited by barefootdan; 11-08-2010 at 08:01 PM.