Str8 n00b!

Crank set question

Yo there,

I'm getting a new Race Face Evolve DH X-Type installed on my ride, but didn't realize I got the crank with the bash guard instead of the 44t crank ring... Is it possible to switch out the bash guard if need be?

Thanks,
    D
    Woo hoo!

Mr.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous_
    Yo there,

I'm getting a new Race Face Evolve DH X-Type installed on my ride, but didn't realize I got the crank with the bash guard instead of the 44t crank ring... Is it possible to switch out the bash guard if need be?

Thanks,
    D
    Shouldn't be a problem. I had the isis version of that crank and put a 44t ring on it...believe it was a 40 bcd.
    If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?

mtbr member
    It'll be a 104mm BCD, not a 40. But yes, you can put a 44t ring on there without any problems.

Mr.
    mtbr member

friggin-a

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    It'll be a 104mm BCD, not a 40. But yes, you can put a 44t ring on there without any problems.
    Slap me again for making a post after taking my prescript allergy meds...I'm not surprised I said 40 and not 104, I had to edit the post twice because I kept typing "bdc" ...
    If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?

Str8 n00b!
    Thanks for the help guys... I appreciate it!

-D
    Woo hoo!