Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Crank Brothers Kronolog Adjustable Seatpost

The Kronolog is official now...

++ kronolog seatpost :: crankbrothers.com ++

Crankbrothers Kronolog - YouTube

BTW, whatever happened to the AMP Adjustable seatpost?
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

74 & 29 pilot
    Looks SWEET!

Standing by for all the CBs haters in 3...2....1..............

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Mr. Knowitall
    Looks good, sounds good. Are the internals up to speed yet? Joplin didn't actually hold up against the elements in Norway.

mtbr member
    Everything CB makes, breaks. I dont understand why they're still a market player.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    Standing by for all the CBs haters in 3...2....1..............
    Dont you ever wonder why theres SO many cb haters? They just make bad products, or mediocre products at 10x the cost of everyone elses mediocre stuff.

Their CS saves them.. if you couldnt return 15 broken cb products a year, they'd have nothing going for them

A friend just broke his second set of CB pedals for the year.. last year he warrantied a whole mess of them. CB doesnt seem to like to make products that actually work, or last.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    Dont you ever wonder why theres SO many cb haters? They just make bad products, or mediocre products at 10x the cost of everyone elses mediocre stuff.

Their CS saves them.. if you couldnt return 15 broken cb products a year, they'd have nothing going for them

Someone I know said it really well: "eggbreakers are the best disposable pedals on the market"
    There's also the fact that they have a long history of taking an apple/i-product "form over function" approach to design; that's a nice way of saying it... it sure looks like they employ more artists than engineers.

This new post, it looks like they've addressed a couple nice things, such as the cable going to a fixed point, and what looks like anti-rotation flat sides of the inner section, but given CB's history, I'm going to need several years of stellar reviews before I consider buying anything from them again.

With all the new entries in the dropper post market, it seems like they should either start getting a lot better, or cheaper; but it doesn't really seem like either is happening.

mtbr member
    Looks like it has a couple novel and smart design features that may advance the technology. I like that the cable attaches at the bottom of the post, down by the seat clamp..... but the penalty for that is about 2" of 'Stuff' down there that's not going to allow me to slam the seat all the way down against the clamp. This won't work for my AM/FR bike which already has a long seat tube. It'd probably be OK on my Trail/AM bike....but still not ideal.

Flat sides! Now why didn't I think about that. Sometimes simple solutions are better.

Here's a short review bikemag.com posted on their FB page.

I know CB gets a bad rap for reliability (and it may be deserved) but my Joplin 4 has been very reliable (so far) and I've never had any major problems with CB pedals. I'm the outlier I guess.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I think this post looks great, and though CB doesn't have the best rep out there, this is the best looking dropper out now IMO. I have no experience with anything CB but many of my friends have. Years ago they seem to be constantly going through pedals but in the last 2 years I have not seen any of them have pedals that fail. So maybe they have improved things? I personally am not ready to shoot it down yet.

I don't have the 7 inches of exposed seatpost to make this thing fit (I have about 6 1/2 inches exposed) but they said it can be shimmed down. Which I think makes more sense than offering 3 or 4 different lengths, just offer one that can be lowered if needed. Depending on how the Kind Shock LEV looks and when it comes out I might be picking up one of these pretty soon.

mtbr member
    After watching the youtube vid, I love the design, makes a ton of sense. Still a little leery of quality after all of the disastrous reviews of the joplin.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    $300!, Jesum crowe.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire 26er
    2005 Trek Bruiser urban single speed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTSession View Post
    $300!, Jesum crowe.
    $300 is middle of the range as far as dropper posts go.

As someone who has been putting off getting an adjustable seatpost because of reliability concerns, the mechanical action certainly sounds a lot more sensible. They have to take a lot more weight than a fork stanchion while being a lot lower diameter.

Will have to decided if I feel like being a guinea pig this time. Any idea when it will hit stores?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I was actually waiting for the KS Lev to ship to stores until I heard about Kronolog. I might go with Kronolog because it's about $100 less, they have a better customer service IMO.

74 & 29 pilot
    Everything CB makes, breaks. I dont understand why they're still a market player.
    SEEEE! I knew you couldn't resist! Hell, you even have "hate" in your avatar...

A friend just broke his second set of CB pedals for the year.. last year he warrantied a whole mess of them. CB doesnt seem to like to make products that actually work, or last.
    I have tons of their products and they have all held up well to my abuse. They only time I had to send something in was when I broke it while trying to modify it.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDCA View Post
    After watching the youtube vid, I love the design, makes a ton of sense. Still a little leery of quality after all of the disastrous reviews of the joplin.
    Dude tell me which dropper post hasn't had any kind of problems. I read bad $h!t about all of them everywhere on these forums. I've had the Joplin and the 4, and both worked fine for me over the years.

HATERS

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post
    The Kronolog is official now...

++ kronolog seatpost :: crankbrothers.com ++

Crankbrothers Kronolog - YouTube

BTW, whatever happened to the AMP Adjustable seatpost?
    __________________ ¡Geaux Tigres! - ¡Visca el Barça BikeWorks

Not Spam...
    Where are you from???

Barça..???

This is very interesting..

GAME ON!
    is it still 'edgy' and hip to intentionally misspell words?
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

usually cranky

for every cb hater there is a cb lover. my cb colbat stem has been awesome, my acids hve been great. i did bend a eb but when you are bashing xc pedals against rocks what do you expect? ill be interested to see how the new post holds up.

GAME ON!
    when is cannondale going to step up and make a dropper post using lefty tech/
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Paste eater
    I know the joplins might have the worst track record in class, but this *looks* like a much, much better design.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post

Will have to decided if I feel like being a guinea pig this time. Any idea when it will hit stores?
    Wise words.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

think
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    when is cannondale going to step up and make a dropper post using lefty tech/
    What, so the bearings can migrate and damper leak? I'd try the Clank Brothers before a Cannondale product featuring Lefty technology.

Dropshot Champ!
    true story:

my local performance bike has cut me off from returning cb pedals. 3 this year, 9 last year. What can I say, I love to ride!

be interesting to see this post in action!

namagomi
    Wow, deja-vu... Personally i'd rather have one of these:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    Wow, deja-vu... Personally i'd rather have one of these:

WOW!
    what year did we set the Way Back machine to for that trip down memory lane???
    I actually remember when those were 'hi-tech'...

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    WOW!
    what year did we set the Way Back machine to for that trip down memory lane???
    I actually remember when those were 'hi-tech'...
    '89 I think!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thinkin' about giving a Kronolog a try, that or the Giant...I'd like the Kronolog more for $200...gotta be a group buy somewhere?

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast