Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    It moves a mm or so... Let's not be dramatic.

I have 2 of their post and they are working great.
    I'm glad you like your post. I liked mine too, before it started slipping to the point that I did notice it but that is neither here nor there. I am not trying to talk you out of liking your post but would you mind if you had a "fixed seat post" and it dropped a mm or so while you rode your bike?

That is my point. When it isn't being adjusted, it is supposed to act like a fixed seat post. If a fixed seat post moved a mm or so, most people would consider that to be a faulty product. If it doesn't bother you then that is good, but I as a rider like for my bike settings to stay where I set them.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    It only moves 1 mm in the fully extended position. Adjust the seat post QR correctly and no problem... To reiterate, no 1mm drop in any other position.

mtbr member
    Wanted to check in and see how the V2 people were doing. My V1 was a slipper, but performance was overall more solid than the 2 Lev's I've had. I can live with 1-2mm of vertical give, so long as the post goes up and down consistently. Looks like the V2 aren't available anywhere right now - did they improve that much?

mtbr member
    Same features as V1 but they increased the size of the plate/lock (don't know part name) from 5mm to 10mm. End result is a much stronger/more durable mechanism. They also now include a neoprene sock that protects the post from dirt/etc. I have two, one has a year of problem free service. The other is only a month into duty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Same features as V1 but they increased the size of the plate/lock (don't know part name) from 5mm to 10mm. End result is a much stronger/more durable mechanism. They also now include a neoprene sock that protects the post from dirt/etc. I have two, one has a year of problem free service. The other is only a month into duty.
    Mind if I ask where you bought them? I'm having trouble finding any online at the shops I frequent.

mtbr member
    I bought the second when I saw it on sale 6-8 months ago. Just now have the frame to put it on.

I actually need one for my wife's bike and I have not been able to locate either. Crank Bro won't quote delivery either which makes me think they may have a true update in the works.

mtbr member

Crank Brothers Kronolog Adjustable Seatpost

I just sent mine back in because it was slipping a lot in mid stroke. This is my second time sending it in. The first time it lasted 6 mos. This time it lasted a year. We'll see what I get back from CB.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hi guys,

I just ordered a kronolog from a german site (bike24) at a very good price, and i wanted to ask, is there a way i can tell if it is the V2 (i presume this means version 2, the new one made in 2014) or the original ? From what i searched around i could not find any visual differences. The site says it is made in 2014, but i don't know ...

Thank you.

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    Not 100% sure about it but when I got my V2 back from CB, it had a neoprene sock that covers the quill shaft and seat bracket that keeps dirt and junk from getting on it.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23