mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Craftworks FRM 125

Anyone riding a Craftworks? I have a 2004 FRM 125 and think its the best thing since canned beer and spicy pork rinds.

Of course, it's my first 'real' bike, over 3 grand worth of 'real'. It has taken anything i have thrown at it, errr, well, thrown IT at. It goes down fast and smooth, it climbs like a goat, jumps and drops (5 footers so far) and lands on a cloud. 5" , 6" front, rear travel

Just curious to see if anyone else has, or has riden one and what they think of it, and what they are capable of.

My setup

Marzocchi Z1 Freeride (2002)
    Fox Vanilla RC
    Race Face Prodigy crankset
    Mavic 221 wheels
    Panaracer tires 2.1"
    Avid brakes
    Ritchey seat post
    Deore XT derailleurs and shifter
    Arami San Marco saddle
    cane creek head set
    Odessy platform pedals

I am still trying to fine tune the rear shock to be a little more cushy without being bouncy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Love mine

Like the title says - I love mine. It's a 2002 (I think). It'll take everything you throw at it. The rear bounce is probably 1 of 2 things.
    1) For regular riding use the 5 inch setting. It is really set up to be ridden in 5 inch most of the time. For shuttling, or mor downhill, w/o going up the 6 inch is OK.

2) or, get a heavier spring for your shock - mine was way too light when I got the bike. After a springectomy it was awesome.

It may never be a plush cushy ride as it really is meant to be ridden pretty hard.... Mine has been the best bike I've owned. It is a little heavy on all day epic xc oriented rides, but other than that it is awesome.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Send that shock to PUSH, they can do amazing things with it!

ride hard take risks
    Where is the pic's

mtbr member
    Not mine. The green one is an 05 model, the white one is a little older.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What year is yours? I have a white and blue one almost exactly like yours, but the gusset on mine between the top tube, down tube and head tube is solid. I thought mine was an '04 model, but not sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

2002 - I think

I am pretty sure the White Craftworks were 2002. One of the online retailers was carrying them for a while...
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous
    I am pretty sure the White Craftworks were 2002. One of the online retailers was carrying them for a while...
    Jenson USA sold them for awhile.

banned
    I remember back then it got very good reviews. I looked for one a couple years ago, but I kept thinking the name was "Dirtworks", so I came up with nothing.

Their "C" reminds me of Devinci's "D".

mtbr member
    One question,
    are the Craftwork frames taiwan frames? Looks absolutely like a CMP MOTO.
    I like those frames, 2 buddies ride them and they´re real good for the money.
    Craftworks has much nicer colours though. And a few gussets more.

Greetings znarf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf
    One question,
    are the Craftwork frames taiwan frames? Looks absolutely like a CMP MOTO.
    I like those frames, 2 buddies ride them and they´re real good for the money.
    Craftworks has much nicer colours though. And a few gussets more.

Greetings znarf
    Not sure about the Craftworks frame, but the CMP Moto is def a Taiwan catalog bike. It's the same main frame/linkage as the KHS AM2000/1500 and the Harvey Cycles PNF (pics), only difference is the Horst Link on the CMP.

KHS AM2000

Harvey Cycles PNF

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Craftworks is similar, more gussets for sure. Frame is made of butted aluminum (thicker tubing at the joints to make it stronger. The craftworks' rear triangle is different, the chain stays are not symetrical, one is not level with the other. THe rear traingle on the craftworks is made of I-beam, which obviously, is tons stronger than square tubing. I also think that my horst link is bigger. I will get some pics of mine and post them.

Ever since I saw the video of Simon Brettles huge A$$ stair drop on a Craftworks FRM 125, I was convinced that Craftworks was an awesome bike.