Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    unrooted

Could you ride this trail

Transition Bikes Covert Overview on Vimeo

I watched this and thought I wish I could ride that well, maybe with a lot of practice and a lot more padding I would have the balls, or maybe they just look so much more badass because of the gap between landings and jumps which scare me too much!

usually cranky
    maybe with practice but theres really nothing like that where i ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Looks like both fun and pretty there but not overly difficult.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I agree. Nice section of trail, but nothing out of the ordinary out here in the west where bike parks are springing up everywhere.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    That really isn't anything too special... though it looks like a blast!

unrooted
    I'm a pu$$y..

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'd ride it on my 29er
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Yup without a doubt!
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Trail network in transitions home turf area is mind-blowing- and they've helped make it happen!

They've got the full spectrum of trails for all skill levels. Look at some of the photos from Brad Walton on pinkbike for example. The average skill level of riders in bellingham is ridiculous. I enjoy getting served everytime I ride there....Fortunately it's a great scene focused on building the sport- tons of ladies and kids getting after it.

If you like these kinds of trails- and who wouldn't- check out Freehub magazine. Cool people, solid riders.

Could you ride this trail-p4pb9683721.jpg

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Could you ride this trail

No offense but you clearly don't watch a lot of mountain biking vids.

http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stori...yle-strait-run

unrooted
    I just don't expect the owner of a bike company to be such a solid rider. The sh!t straight does is way too far out of my league to to even think I may ever ride that well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    While Red Bull Rampage is totally crazy staff and is for elite few, the riding skills demonstrated in the Transition video are totally attainable for a layman...
    It's just progression - you slowly (may be not so slowly for talented ones) improve you balance, position, skills on easier terrain and go bigger and bigger. Those riders in the clip don't overcome fear before every jump, they have made them - or similar - many times before. Sure, sometimes it is about overcoming fear but mostly it is about flow and fun.
    Go to downhill MTB resort, you will learn in a day more than in month of tamer riding. You don't learn how to ski without ski lifts after all - though you can...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post
    I just don't expect the owner of a bike company to be such a solid rider. The sh!t straight does is way too far out of my league to to even think I may ever ride that well.
    Most of them are, or were, great riders that's how they can design such great bikes.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Could you ride this trail

Well said Sergio

mtbr member
    Those are some great looking trails. If I read one of the comments right, that's Galbraith?

My only issue riding some of that stuff is as my skills progress, my age marches along in the opposite direction. Luckily, equipment technology is staying ahead of the latter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yes I could...

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Nope, I would hit a tree and die.

But I have only been riding for like a month, so it makes sense.

mtbr member
    It's not really as bad or hard as you think as long as you're confident and carrying speed. The key is to follow better riders to get your confidence up. Also there are "B" lines around all of those features. I will say that a solid frame with at least 6" travel (5 if you're really smooth) is a must for that type of riding. I remember the first time I rode "Drop Out" (very similar trail) and thought I was going to die too, only to find out that it's a LOT easier than it looks and wondered why I ever had reservations about riding it before!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    That's all we have to ride. Sometimes I want to go to Utah or Colorado and just ride perfectly baby butt smooth trails where you can actually spin out a big ring
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    That's all we have to ride. Sometimes I want to go to Utah or Colorado and just ride perfectly baby butt smooth trails where you can actually spin out a big ring
    You should go to Bend Or, much smoother than Utah or CO.

I like bikes
    But of course, I am Canadian.
    The older I get, the faster I was.....

Huffy Rider
    Yes, I could and I would, and I will someday. That looks like a ton of fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post
    You ought to check out Chris and Lance Canfield (the owners of Canfield bikes). They're former Red Bull Rampage competitors. And they're not just dead sailor hucksters like Bender was. They can actually pedal too. I by chance rode Bobsled (salt lake city) with them years ago while they were testing out a prototype frame, and I've never seen anyone able to ride it that fast.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Could definitely ride that after living in New England all my life. I've done most of my riding in Massachusetts and there are some absolutely ridiculous trails around here... obviously they aren't nearly as fun, flowy, big, or popular as stuff out West but there are several trails even within 30 minutes of my house that are essentially "unrideable" as in if you can make it through the entire trail without getting off your bike once you are either getting paid to bike and make videos or you're an idiot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Im fortunate enough to live a 10 min drive through bad traffic from those trails. I started mt. biking a year and a half ago and when I first went on those trails the stuff seemed huge and reserved for the young and crazy. After alot of practice, practice, practice, and taking the next step within my abilities, I have hit pretty much everything in that video. So if you stuck with it and didn't go over your head, I bet you could. It really helps too that the trail builders here have great skill and vision, you don't have to start out on the biggest stuff, there is plenty of slower speed, smaller jumps to freak you out until you go to the med. stuff etc. etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast