mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Cool weather long MTB pants (soccer long pants)

I don't wear tights so I sometimes wear warm-ups and velcro the bottom for those very cold morning rides. My wife looked for pants that I will wear for riding and she found it at the soccer store. The soccer warm-ups are slightly baggy on the thighs but it tapers at the ankles so they will not get caught in the chains. It has zippers at the ankles to ease getting the pants on and off. She ordered another pair from the internet (adidas.com) so they can easily be purchased if you don't have a soccer store. For those who doesn't wear tights, these pants are worth considering.

DynoDon
    I googled soccer pants, and found some padded goalie pants, but I wear motocross pants, they have plenty of padding, they work great in cold Michigan weather, in the summer I wear scabs, and band aids... here is a link to the goalie pants..

http://soccer.epicsports.com/prod/94...lie-pants.html

usually cranky
    i wear tights under kona adam pants.

mtbr member
    So what you are really looking for is a pair of riding breeches?

the test dummy
    jeans in the fall winter and any time it is on the colder side, a added bonus is when you wreck you can slid for a bit before your in trouble:thumsup:.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Dropshot Champ!
    I wear full tights under a baggy mtn bike short. Looks like I'm not a roadie, and keeps me warm like a hug from baby jesus.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I wear leggings under my MTB shorts. Really helps keep the legs warm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Same here - tights under mtb shorts. Has worked good so far this year down to 20 F.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have all kinds of winter lowers but insulated tights work the best especially in colder temps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I wear Brooks running pants. fleece line wind resistant zipper ankles

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have some northface running pants with windstopper in the thighs. semi-tight around the calves so they dont catch on the chainring. works perfect and keeps you really warm when you need it to
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i wear tights under mtb baggy shorts or troy lee zip off moto pants. Love the tld pants.

DynoDon
    TLD would be Troy Lee Designs, Motocross Pants,, I wear Fox Titan 160 Motocross Pants, MX pants have padding, room for shin pads, they're warm, comfortable, tight around the ankle, I wear padded briefs, or padded biker shorts, under mine, and they don't have you looking like a roadie/ballerina. LOL!!!!

Last edited by manabiker; 12-30-2010 at 04:52 AM.