Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Some additional comparisons of Conti tires.

I just bought a Mountain King protection in a 2.4. It is about the size and volume of my 2.2 Trail King in a protection case. The Xking 2.4 protection, otoh, has roughly the same volume as the TK 2.4 but obviously not as tall due to lower knobs.

Glad I wasn't looking for the big volume of the TK when I bought the MK. I wasn't looking for this small of volume but it will do.

Conti needs to start giving us real measurements. If a MK 2.4 is really a 2.2, say so. Not every tire NEEDS to be labeled as 2.2 or 2.4.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Fyi, the barons 2.3 BC isnt bigger or come close to the 2.2 TK
    Sold it off immediately as kinda of disappointed with its size
    Didnt want the size of 2.4 tk and thought that the barons would be a nice inbetween for the 2.2 and 2.4 TK, but it isnt, so the sizing for the contis are kinda out of whack

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yeah, seems like the TK in a 2.4, Race King in the Racesport and the Xking in a 2.4 are the only really large carcasses. Well, based on the ones we've discussed in this thread.

I have no problem with Conti. I like their tires but they just need to do a better job listing their tire sizes.

Gnar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmc78 View Post
    Fyi, the barons 2.3 BC isnt bigger or come close to the 2.2 TK
    Sold it off immediately as kinda of disappointed with its size
    Didnt want the size of 2.4 tk and thought that the barons would be a nice inbetween for the 2.2 and 2.4 TK, but it isnt, so the sizing for the contis are kinda out of whack
    I was a little disappointed with the size of the Baron 2.3, but it does have an aggressive big knobby tread. I was using a 2.2 Trail King and needed something with more grip for the wet and mud. Out on the trail the Baron was awesome!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Baron 2.3" truely is a grea tire, I've used it up front and TK/RQ2.2" UST on back and combo feels really good on almost everything, maybe not the best rolling for dry hardpack, but works on that too... Baron 2.3" UST would be superb, but haven't been able to find one anywhere yet.

mtbr member
    I am a huge Conti fan, and the Baron's are my go to tire when the winter rolls around and the trails get muddy, I run them front and rear. Right now I have the TK 2.4 UST black chili up front and a X-King 2.4 UST on the rear, which is a great combo for the dry trail, and they hold up to some pretty aggressive riding. When the trails get super aggressive I put on the new Der Kaiser Projekt 2.4's with the black chili. I also have some TK's 2.2 UST if I want a lighter weight tire.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Have only used conti tk/rq exclusively. ...but now trying the the new Hans Dampf 2.35, they u huge, comparable to the 2.4 tk. Havent hit the trails yet but the compound feels super soft and looks aggressive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2