mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Confused a lot please help to make decide

Hi guys
    I know you hear it a lot but after a lot of reading and searching i am getting more confused
    I have an old scott aspect 50 which is pretty worn. Someday i decided to upgrade and see that i have to change evrything except the frame and come to an idea to buy a new bike.
    First want to say i go evrywhere with this bike. To work, long road trips (long for me 100 or 130km), 70 percent road the rest off road with rough downhills a few times bikepaking (lowed it) and so on.
    I am not a skilfull biker but work to get better.
    I have a mid budget enough to buy a trek elite 8.7 also looked to scale 650 trek fuel ex 5. Trek 8.5 or 8.6 seems also good. Scale 650 has a fox fork. Trek fuel ex 5 is heavy i think but very comfy. There is also discount in 2009 spark 50....
    Dont have too much choises in my country.
    So i am between fs or light ht bike. And i dont want to buy a bike beyond my skils
    Thank you for reading and any help to make desicion is welcome

mtbr member
    Do you have room for 2 bikes? Since you already have the Scott, put 26" road slick tires on it and use it as your commuter/road bike. You could even look into a carbon rigid fork later on if you have the money. Then get a full suspension with nice knobby tires for mountain biking IF you want one. Full suspension bikes are a lot of fun and beat up your body a lot less on rough terrain, but hardtails can be fun too. A full suspension bike can be used as a commuter or on the road, but it's not much fun after awhile.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Confused a lot please help to make decide

I got the trek elite 8.5
    Realy good bike after the aspect 50. It rides like a fs bike. Very good suspension after used the old suntour. Its like i didnt have a suspension before. The gears are another thing. So easy to shift. State of art....
    I strongly recommend this bike who is thinking to buy like this one
    Cheers