mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Comments on Iron Horse Sachem 6.0 ???

I just bought an IH Sachem 6.0 for a great deal on ebay -- it hasn't arrived yet but I am excited to get it and go riding.

I can only find one review of this bike so I was hoping some people on this board could chime in and tell me what they think of this bike. I am new to MTN biking and I don't know much yet.

Thanks.

My bike is cooler then me
    from what i've read about angles and what not, its a 6" version on the warrior (atcually when i bought my warrior IH comented that a 6" warrior would be availble soon, then came the sachem)

i love my warrior. its totally worth the price. i actually wish i could have bought one. how much btw?
    '09 Cannondale Moto Carbon 2

'is that a Thomson in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?'

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Codad 4
    from what i've read about angles and what not, its a 6" version on the warrior (atcually when i bought my warrior IH comented that a 6" warrior would be availble soon, then came the sachem)

i love my warrior. its totally worth the price. i actually wish i could have bought one. how much btw?
    I think it is beefier too, cause the warrior is 35# and the Sachem is 40#. One inch of travel doesn't add 5# by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui'lan Fett
    I think it is beefier too, cause the warrior is 35# and the Sachem is 40#. One inch of travel doesn't add 5# by itself.

your prolly right. the geo is slightly more relaxed then the warrior, so slightly longer tubes, bigger tires aswell. and its not sold as a trail bike. BUT only riding a warrior i give you my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for the help -- I got it for $600, its an unused (new) 2007.

ow then good steal even.