Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

coming soon 2 years in the making...

its been a long hard road and ive felt like throwing the towel in many a time but im finally getting close to seing my 2 year dream realised!! certainly not the most expensive and nicest bike you will see on here but it will be all mine to enjoy none the less. lack of funding meant ive had to gather components as and when i could afford them, and now just a saddle, grips and tryes left to purchase. may change the pedals?? can"t wait to see my little baby built up and ready to hit the trails!!!
    click the link below and please post your thoughts..
    http://picasaweb.google.com/10687880...eat=directlink

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    404: All Mountain not found.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    could you not see the pics ?? not sure how to upload.

meow meow
    you realize you spelt your screen name wrong?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    screen name on what, i was kinda hoping for some feedback on the bike

Cthulhu fhtagn
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill duechbag
    could you not see the pics ?? not sure how to upload.
    i think he means he doesnt see an all mountain bike in the pics
    Specialized HardRock 29er
    Nashbar 29er SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    well i plan on riding it everywhere including mountains lol.
    fair point to be fair... what cat should i post it in??

mtbr member
    Weight weenie forum is just around the corner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    you realize you spelt your screen name wrong?
    Only 25 posts, just start over now.

2 ways for a bad start to joining a forum community:

1. Use ******bag in your screen name. You've already labeled yourself.
    2. Spell ******bag incorrectly. Stupidity now follows you with every post.

If the correct spelling is censored, you probably shouldn't use it as a screen name.

Maybe a bit harsh, but you kind of asked for it. Just sayin'...
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

meow meow
    screen name on what, i was kinda hoping for some feedback on the bike
    screen name on here aka: downhill d-bag. you spelt it wrong. anyway that bike would seem to more geared to the ww crowd.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    BaeckerX1 you sarcastic dick head oh im sorry i havnt got 8 million posts and havnt been a member for 160 years. who gives a flying f*k if i spelt my name wrong its just a joke.
    what a great way to promote a mountain bike forum... the people are so warm and welcoming.

meow meow
    relative of doesyourchainhanglow?

mtbr member
    Aside from downhill d-bags name, this thread is full of ******baggery. Why so much hating? Everyone must be getting shiesty weather like we are here in Seattle and clearly needs to get outside and ride..

mtbr member
    BaeckerX1 you sarcastic dick head oh im sorry i havnt got 8 million posts and havnt been a member for 160 years. who gives a flying f*k if i spelt my name wrong its just a joke.
    what a great way to promote a mountain bike forum... the people are so warm and welcoming.
    8 million posts and 160 years? Damn I'm old.

LOL.

BTW, a typo is one thing, but your screen name is another. You're the one who has to live with it. If you're cool with it, far be it from me to change your mind.

You really might want to get a thicker skin if you want to use the internet though. Just sayin'...
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCactus
    Aside from downhill d-bags name, this thread is full of ******baggery. Why so much hating? Everyone must be getting shiesty weather like we are here in Seattle and clearly needs to get outside and ride..
    Heh I was just trying to help the kid out, and have a little fun in the process. If I wasn't bored I wouldn't be on the forums.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Um yeah so anyway..

That frame looks sick, what is it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    Heh I was just trying to help the kid out, and have a little fun in the process. If I wasn't bored I wouldn't be on the forums.
    Ya I hear ya. I've noticed that my forum activity directly reflects the weather outside. Oh, and it was kinda funny that he made comments about how long you've been members since he joined within 2 months of when you did...

And downhill d-bag, whats the weight of that build so far? So much carbon

mtbr member
    He actually joined before me. In all seriousness, I'd comment on the bike build, but they block photo sites at work. Maybe later.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Post of the day.
    konahonzo

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E
    Um yeah so anyway..

That frame looks sick, what is it?
    Flu

Dropshot Champ!
    ebay chinese carbon frame with custom vinyl/paint?

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek
    Post of the day.
    thank you. finally my mtbr posting skillz have been recognized. lol

mtbr member
    the people are so warm and welcoming.
    Yes, we teh piplz.

mtbr member
    Your stuffed animals are cute.

I'd be afraid of all that carbon though.
    LMB

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've never seen such a harsh 'welcome' for a new member.

I've also never seen a new member with "******bag" in his alias. Spelled wrong.

Hmmmm.

Nah, probably just coincidence.

Nice parts though. What needs to happen before you start putting them together?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice parts but flat pedals don't belong on it.Build her up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    wow i never realised a simple spelling mistake could induce so many harsh words...
    for the record i have no interest in downhill whatsoever the username was just something i thought of at the time that was MEANT to be a bit of a giggle
    my bad for presuming we all shared something in common (a love for riding) and for posting it in the wrong catagory, i am new afterall. whatever sort of riding im into i like to look at and compliment peoples hard work and all sorts of bike weather its downhill,hardtail, commuter or whatever.
    as i said before not the most expensive or nicest bike you will see on here compared to some of the amazing bikes that grace the forum, but this will be my first attempt at a proper m.t.b and just wanted to share my joy. its taken me a long while to gather the components getting little bits at a time as and when i could afford them inbetween mortgages,a wife, and 3 children to feed and water. originally thought about suspension on the front but i will be mainly riding fireroads and the trails were i live are all flat as pancakes so there really not a must. this will be the only bike i own so it will really need to do it all.
    lots of carbon yes and i originally didnt intend to have that much on the bike but i was so immpressed with the quality of the forks from carboncyclescc (first purchase) that it just sort of spiralled outta control lol.
    pretty sure the frame comes from china but seemed good value at £440 with a weight of 1200g it sure is finished well.
    the pedals are going thats for sure and suggestions on replacements are welcome please.
    not sure of the overall weight as yet but when i pile all the bits in one box and pick it up it doesn"t weigh a lot! lol.
    just the saddle,grips,tyres, and now pedals to purchase hopefully around a months time she will be finished, and i personally can"t wait .

mbtr member
    wow i never realised a simple spelling mistake could induce so many harsh words...
    for the record i have no interest in downhill whatsoever the username was just something i thought of at the time that was MEANT to be a bit of a giggle
    my bad for presuming we all shared something in common (a love for riding) and for posting it in the wrong catagory, i am new afterall. whatever sort of riding im into i like to look at and compliment peoples hard work and all sorts of bike weather its downhill,hardtail, commuter or whatever.
    as i said before not the most expensive or nicest bike you will see on here compared to some of the amazing bikes that grace the forum, but this will be my first attempt at a proper m.t.b and just wanted to share my joy. its taken me a long while to gather the components getting little bits at a time as and when i could afford them inbetween mortgages,a wife, and 3 children to feed and water. originally thought about suspension on the front but i will be mainly riding fireroads and the trails were i live are all flat as pancakes so there really not a must. this will be the only bike i own so it will really need to do it all.
    lots of carbon yes and i originally didnt intend to have that much on the bike but i was so immpressed with the quality of the forks from carboncyclescc (first purchase) that it just sort of spiralled outta control lol.
    pretty sure the frame comes from china but seemed good value at £440 with a weight of 1200g it sure is finished well.
    the pedals are going thats for sure and suggestions on replacements are welcome please.
    not sure of the overall weight as yet but when i pile all the bits in one box and pick it up it doesn"t weigh a lot! lol.
    just the saddle,grips,tyres, and now pedals to purchase hopefully around a months time she will be finished, and i personally can"t wait .
    as far as the guilt trip goes- fuk you.

That said, looks like a neat light weight geared rigid bike. I have a sorta heavy bike of the same spirit, and i love it. You're building my xc bike without any commuter-compromises, and thats fkn cool. It will be a ton of fun an fkn fly down the trail- mine goes anywhere short of DH territory. Can't wait to see it all together with some info on the frame. Cool, im gonna go sleep off this impending hangover.
    I like cheap stuff that works great and is very sturdy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    [QUOTE=scottzg]as far as the guilt trip goes- fuk you.

thanks and erm fuk you 2

meow meow
    we are serious peoplez here

mtbr member
    Interesting rims. Are those aluminum with carbon overlay, or are they actual carbon rims? The hubs look neat too, what are they?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    we are serious peoplez here
    yeah your recent post have been very serious especially your profile picture of the muppets... how very fitting.
    the hubs by the way are the new halo super drives and are insanley loud as for the rims themselves its a process they call the matrix heres the info from there website...
    26 inch Disc Brake Specific carbon fibre reinforcemed mountain bike rims.

Profile: 20mm
    Weight: 399 gm

MatriX is the manufacture process for melding aluminium or alloy with carbon fibre. It allows our components to take advantage of the strengths of both materials. Carbon fibre is light and strong and alloy is heavy but flexible, so in matriX we get the best of both material's properties.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    When are you goin put the bike together? Let me know what it weighs when you do. If you break something post a couple of pics.

Looks like you got everything from one company. Do they sell a complete bike?

As for the replies you got, shake it off bro. You're not the only one that doesn't know what AM is around here believe that.
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    yeah your recent post have been very serious especially your profile picture of the muppets... how very fitting.
    the hubs by the way are the new halo super drives and are insanley loud as for the rims themselves its a process they call the matrix heres the info from there website...
    26 inch Disc Brake Specific carbon fibre reinforcemed mountain bike rims.

Profile: 20mm
    Weight: 399 gm

MatriX is the manufacture process for melding aluminium or alloy with carbon fibre. It allows our components to take advantage of the strengths of both materials. Carbon fibre is light and strong and alloy is heavy but flexible, so in matriX we get the best of both material's properties.
    Damn, "The Matrix Process"? Marketing folks are getting crazier by the day. This isn't a knock on you or your bike, so don't take it personal.

I guess in a few years we'll all have different versions of "The Ultimate" "Trail-Slaying" "All Mountain" "Matrix Composite" "Highest Strength to Weight Ratio" "Laterally Stiffest" "Most Efficient" "Fastest Accelerating" "Quiver Eliminating" "Climbs like Mountain Goat" "Descends like Freeride Machine" "All Day Epic Riding" Super-Bike.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeless junkie

As for the replies you got, shake it off bro. You're not the only one that doesn't know what AM is around here.
    Yep. Don't worry about the other d-bags ragging on you. They're just jealous.

And the so-called mtb categories can get confusing. Just ride your new bike on the trails you've got and enjoy it. Don't listen to the haters.

I just wanted to congratulate you for the fiscal responsibility and patience that it took to build up your dream bike from scratch, part by part, as you could afford it. Nice job.

Most people would just throw it on the credit card and when the card is maxed out they'd just get another one.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Second cousin.

nocturnal oblivion
    I figured you misspelled on purpose. Just look at my name, I'M STUCK WITH IT! It's like a bad tattoo, it was fitting for whatever reason at the time. I'd really like a new name like, Ace or IceMan or even MrCool-Ice. Oh well, we all screw up sometimes.
    Post it over in the WW forum, be sure to have gram scale pics to back everything up, and if something breaks follow it up with pics. Don't be ashamed if something goes wrong. It's data for the benefit of the community.
    Furthermore don't take anything personally, come humble and leave happy. There are a lot of very informed people here and a lot of great riders. There are also the trolls. Everybody above was just trying to help you, don't stress it.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

meow meow
    its fraggles n00b.

mtbr member
    its fraggles n00b.
    Dance your cares away. Worries for another day. Let the music play. Down at Fraggle Rock!

Heh Fraggle Rock was The Sh*t when I was a kid.
    LMB

meow meow
    fraggle rock rocks

Blue Pig
    Pink bike doesn't even have this type of nonsense. Either help the guy or leave him be.

I personally love the bike.
    Ragley Blue Pig

meow meow
    he didnt ask for help and everything said has been in jest. some people just have paper skin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blksocks
    Pink bike doesn't even have this type of nonsense. Either help the guy or leave him be.

I personally love the bike.
    If he asked for help I would gladly provide it. If you search my post history you'll see I've been very helpful and provide information as best I can to people asking questions here. No harm having a little fun though. His screen name was like golden troll bait. I couldn't resist. None of it was malicious, except maybe the OPs abrupt, unthinking responses. If he read it again, he would probably realize that we were just F-ing with him. No need for altruistic forum heroes here.
    LMB

meow meow
    haha altruistic forum heroes. gold.

T.W.O.
    haha altruistic forum heroes. gold.
    LOL, Get caught bullying again

BaeckerX1 said it right, OP did not ask for any help, he just want the feed back on the built. Just don't know what else to add. If he add specific or even general question we'd response to that.

We are all just having fun, since like said, the user name is quite an invitation for a little poke, as it turns out OP have thinner skin than his user name suggested. We are here to help, if he want to talk about the Matrix then talk about it or the built, or the Geo, whatever, but we just got the pics of parts.

Well, OP nice parts, what are you going to use it for, hopefully not Downhill as I don't think rigid carbon fork, and frame would be too kind on your body, despite the shock absorbing quality carbon may offers.

meow meow
    im a bully? lol. about half of my posts are sarcastic, half are helpful (or so i think).

T.W.O.
    im a bully? lol. about half of my posts are sarcastic, half are helpful (or so i think).
    Hateful?, oh sorry I misread

For the record, I don't think you are a bully, sorry I just came back from my sensitivity training.

Beer Swilling Clyde

Your not a bully, just annoying. Don't worry about these guys OP, congrats on a unique build. Like someone said above, I'm sure it will be much more appreciated in the WW forum.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    Hateful?, oh sorry I misread

For the record, I don't think you are a bully, sorry I just came back from my sensitivity training.
    hahaha no worries i was just messing around, but apparently im annoying so i should probably stop...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    I figured you misspelled on purpose. Just look at my name, I'M STUCK WITH IT! It's like a bad tattoo, it was fitting for whatever reason at the time. I'd really like a new name like, Ace or IceMan or even MrCool-Ice. Oh well, we all screw up sometimes.
    Post it over in the WW forum, be sure to have gram scale pics to back everything up, and if something breaks follow it up with pics. Don't be ashamed if something goes wrong. It's data for the benefit of the community.
    Furthermore don't take anything personally, come humble and leave happy. There are a lot of very informed people here and a lot of great riders. There are also the trolls. Everybody above was just trying to help you, don't stress it.
    I like stumblemumble. I'll be doing that in about three hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast